PDA

View Full Version : help from G0513X2 owners (or anyone!)

Brian Kent
10-30-2008, 10:11 PM
I know this is the time to back off of the bandsaw for the evening.

All cuts are veering to the left. Even when I adjust the fence angle to match the natural line of cut I get a curved cut. There is a pronounced curve at the beginning of the cut - 1st inch. Then it behaves a little. Then it trails left again. I have cut a couple of real interesting "S-Surfaced" veneers.

Last couple of hours have been spent adjusting tracking on the wheels, adjusting all six guide rollers (many times), adjusting tension, adjusting fence (many times). I don't even know what to ask. These are blade and machine combinations that worked fine before.

Now to top it off I have suddenly lost my magic in folding bandsaw blades into a triple loop.

I won't do anything else tonight so I don't hurt myself or anything else, but i would be glad for someone to suggest a next step or call me names. I'll join you:(.

glenn bradley
10-30-2008, 10:31 PM
I'll start the name calling you empty-headed animal :D:D:D. There, now that we have that out of the way and you feel better . . .

I started to experience this and finally realized my blade had lived it's life. All other things being equal, on a saw that was fine yesterday and not after a few cuts today . . . that tells me (now) that the blade has hit the wall. Mine is still usable for ugly stuff but I ordered a pair of replacements earlier this afternoon.

I confirmed my suspicions by putting a new blade on and going through my normal and well rehearsed setup following blade changes. It worked great. So did a sorta-used blade. The one that was giving me trouble behaved just like before once I had it back on.

Just my experience. Now, as to forgetting how to fold them . . . . I dunno :rolleyes:.

P.s. I have a G0513X.

Brian Kent
10-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Glenn, It worked! The bandsaw blade is folded in thirds!

I haven't turned on the bandsaw yet - not until tomorrow.

glenn bradley
10-31-2008, 12:16 AM
Glenn, It worked! The bandsaw blade is folded in thirds!

I haven't turned on the bandsaw yet - not until tomorrow.

Glad to help. That's me, I'm a giver. Give, give, give, never take, always give :D.

jerry nazard
10-31-2008, 3:55 PM
Brian,

My G0513 seems particular on what blades you feed it. With the right blade it is one super machine, with a blade it does not like... need I say more? I think Glenn has given you the best advice: feed it a fresh blade and make it happy!

-Jerry

Brian Kent
10-31-2008, 8:54 PM
I ordered a 1/4" and a 3/8" from Suffolk today for Christmas bandsaw boxes. I will treat them nicely and compliment them every time they do well. I really hope they like me. (I'm getting way too much ego involvement in cutting a straight line).:rolleyes:

Floyd Mah
11-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Try adjusting the tracking only. If you have the saw-teeth too forward on the crown of the wheel, it will cut to the left. If it's too far back, the blade will cut to the right.

Now that you've mastered the three loop, how about the six loop? (Took me a few minutes of thinking to get that one).

Brian Kent
11-02-2008, 1:11 AM
Floyd, I'm afraid the six-loop would make my brain explode.

I worked on the tracking front to back but I should test it directly while it is running and compare the cuts.

Rick Fisher
11-02-2008, 1:45 AM
I cant do the 3 loop.