PDA

View Full Version : Jet Jointer/Planer Combo

John Pennisi
10-30-2008, 7:19 PM
Does anyone have this machine? I have seen some good reviews on it and like that it is 3hp. The changeover seems fairly hassle free also. I like the idea of having a powerful combo machine that as a space-saver but also for it's 12" width jointing capability. I think I would prefer this machine than to roll out jointer and planer whenever I need to use them as I don't have the space to dedicate to each individually occupying a permanent place. I'm seriously considering making the purchase and would love any first-hand feedback or other useful comments. Thanks!

Don Abele
10-30-2008, 9:02 PM
John, use the search feature and you'll find a bunch of threads on this and other jointer/planer combos. There are several members that own the Jet and love them. It was at the top of my list until I fell into a great deal on the Hammer J/P.

Be well,

Doc

Jim Becker
10-30-2008, 9:03 PM
There are a number of folks at SMC that have that machine and who have posted information, pictures, and reviews over the past year or so. Use the "Advanced Search" feature, putting "jointer/planer combo" in the search box and setting the forum designation to "General Woodworking". It will give you a number of useful threads on the Jet as well as some others.

Jim
SMC Moderator.