PDA

View Full Version : Cabinet hardware...

Greg McCallister
10-30-2008, 6:14 PM
Ok,
Looking at euro (cup) hinges is confusing as all get out.
So many types and mfgs.
I have done a search and found some pretty good suppliers thanks to you here a SMC :D.
This is what I am doing...
2" face frame on 2" door frame raised panel with 1/2" overlay. Basic cabinet (bath for now) double door.
What type should I get? 105 degree 110 deg and the sizes are numerous.
I don't want to break the bank but then again I don't want garbage.
Can you guys help me out here?
I plan on redoing my kitchen and will use this construction as a go by...

Craig D Peltier
10-30-2008, 6:22 PM
Well 110 degree just opens a little farther. So either way there is fine.
I assume you would want to order a Face Frame 1/2" overlay hinge.I buy mine from woodworkershardware.com for there price. You could also build out the interior sides to be even with the face frame and use a different type of hinge (inset hinge) but thats extra work and might not look well inside the cabinet. Id use two on each door under 36 in height.
Hope this helps.
You can also add in the soft close pistons for about $4 per door on the site as well .Its blumotion, very easy to install.

Rich Engelhardt
10-31-2008, 2:57 AM
Hello,

I don't want to break the bank but then again I don't want garbage.

Go with Blum.
They aren't that much more than the bargin basement (borg) hinges, but they work.
Blum.com is also an excellent online resource to answer any questions you might have.

Rob Cunningham
10-31-2008, 8:52 AM
With woodworkershardware.com and blum hinges you can't go wrong. I like the blum clip top hinges. Very easy to install and hang the doors. Just remember you have to order the mounting plates separately .

Bill White
10-31-2008, 9:10 AM
With woodworkershardware.com and blum hinges you can't go wrong. I like the blum clip top hinges. Very easy to install and hang the doors. Just remember you have to order the mounting plates separately .

The soft-close feature is sweet.
Bill