PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Fitzgerald, You created a monster

Brian Brown
10-30-2008, 4:53 PM
I was looking at a pen making website a few months ago, and my wife looked over my shoulder, and said "why would anybody want to make pens? It is so boring, because they are all the same."

Well Ken, Since we visited, she has become a pen maniac. We can't get out of Woodcraft until we have broken the bank on pen making supplies. She has gone crazy!!! Apparently she doesn't find them so boring. We have the parts for many pens, and are just waiting for the kits to arrive so we can assemble them. These will be our Christmas gifts this year. So The question is do I send you the bill for all these pen kits? By the way, the skew is the best!!!

Jim Becker
10-30-2008, 8:54 PM
Ah...the pen turning branch of the VORTEX strikes again... :D

Now, about that evil skew? :o

Phillip Bogle
10-30-2008, 9:04 PM
Does The Freedom Pens Project have a new member? great way to practice and do something good as well.

Only those of us ensnared in the clutches of our lusts, can truly empathize. We would undo that which we could -- only to come undone yet again.

Paul Douglass
10-30-2008, 9:09 PM
Oh, but they are not all the same, they are all different and wait until you try "kitless" pens!

Steve Schlumpf
10-30-2008, 9:14 PM
Brian - glad to hear your wife is enjoying turning pens! Yup! Turning can become habit forming when you enjoy what you are doing - just don't let her try hollow forms!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Brian,

I'm glad you folks are enjoying the pens......and I'm even happier you are taming your skew!

Send the bill to: Steve Schlumpf
Harvey, Michigan :eek::rolleyes::D

Steve Schlumpf
10-30-2008, 10:16 PM
SO I can forward it to Ken !!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-30-2008, 10:18 PM
I'll send it on to Andy. He's the one that got the group together to shove me into the Vortex!

BTW.....Hey Bernie.......we got some folks using the skew and enjoying it!

Tamara Brown
10-31-2008, 12:05 AM
- just don't let her try hollow forms!

To late gentlemen, I have tried a hollow form and much to my husbands dismay, I like it! :) I don't need to worry to much...as long as I keep him busy with all the prepping, drilling, cutting etc.,:eek: he won't have time for the lathe anyway! Does this make me an indian giver or just incredibly smart?:D Oh, and Ken...I do love the skew, you are right a sharp skew can cut as fine as frog's hair!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-31-2008, 12:08 AM
Tammy,

That does my heart good! I am surely glad you are enjoying the skew. If someone had told me and Bernie 2 years ago we'd be having as much fun with the skew as we do I would have laughed at them!

A sharp skew is, indeed, a thing of beauty!

Glad you are enjoying it!

Now I need to work on my photography!

Jon Lanier
10-31-2008, 1:16 AM
Make sure you guys get a few Jr. Gent and Jr. Statesman pens from CSUSA. Those, IMHO, are the sharpest rollerball/fountain pens on the market.

JohnT Fitzgerald
10-31-2008, 8:54 AM
I'm laughing now at my first reaction to this post...which was, "What'd I do NOW???"

LOL

Bernie Weishapl
10-31-2008, 11:10 AM
I'll send it on to Andy. He's the one that got the group together to shove me into the Vortex!

BTW.....Hey Bernie.......we got some folks using the skew and enjoying it!

I agree Ken. Send the bill to Andy. He did it.

Great to see another one bites the skew.:eek::cool::rolleyes:;) Brian you are going to love using it the more experience you get with it.