PDA

View Full Version : The sun does shine!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-25-2004, 10:41 AM
Well, the sun came out for a couple hours yesterday. They brought in a bobcat and filled around the footings and walls. Today they start framing. They hope to have it framed today. They deliver the trusses on Thursday. They plan on roofing it over the weekend! :D

Now for the bad news for me! I got called to travel to Great Falls, Montana to work on an MR scanner. I leave in about 45 minutes. I won't be here to see or photograph the progress.......but it should be pretty well done when I get back this weekend .....I hope to get back this weekend! :(

Attached are some photos of the foundation walls going in and the result after they backfilled. They were short material so they plan on finishing the backfill this a.m. and framing is under way as I write. This morning I picked the overhead door ....the walk-through door and the roofing color. The contractor and I planned the installation of the electrical service entry.

Yes, the sun does shine! Now if I just had a pair of sparkly red shoes and could click my heals and say "there's no place like home!" and get it to work! :D

Byron Trantham
05-25-2004, 2:12 PM
Lucky guy! Keep the pics coming.