PDA

View Full Version : pen jig

Rags Alan Ragland
10-29-2008, 2:32 AM
Hello everyone
Does anyone have a good pen jig they would like to share. My pen jig has grown legs and I have 250 pens to raster by next week. HELP !
Dr. Rags

Darren Null
10-29-2008, 9:48 AM
I can't remember who, but someone posted this a while ago. I tried searching -to include the provenance- but couldn't find the post.

Rags Alan Ragland
10-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks Darren
That looks like a good one but unfortunately not the one I had in mind. The one I'm looking for is flat piece of acrylic with slots vectored to hold multiple pens. I guess I'll just have to get creative, ( with absolutely no talent that is hard to do).
Dr/ Rags

Frank Corker
10-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Rags, it's not as difficult as you think. Put your pen on the top of your scanner. Scan it at 300dpi. This will give you a photograph which is the exact size of the pen. Import the picture into corel, use the polyline tool and click your way around the shape. Make several copies of the vector line that you have just done and then cut the shapes on the laser. If you still have a problem with it. Send me the scanned image of your pen and I'll return it to you. (PM me)

Tim Bateson
10-29-2008, 1:07 PM
Even easier, just cut a series of rectangles. My template has 3 different size rectangles cut out. This has taken care of many different pens & even cigars.

Rags Alan Ragland
10-29-2008, 2:20 PM
Tim, Frank
Thanks guys I did a little of both and now have my jig. I'd post a picture of it but I'm probably the only person in America without a good digital camera.
Again thanks y-all are the greatest.
Dr. Rags

Stanley Waldrup
10-29-2008, 9:11 PM
Here is one I had on file hope it helps..
Stanley

Phyllis Rhodes
10-29-2008, 9:35 PM
here's another jig someone was nice enough to send me a couple of years ago.

phyllis