PDA

View Full Version : Clip Art Index Software???

Bill Parker
10-28-2008, 5:46 PM
Can anyone suggest some sort of software to index all of there clip art files? As my collection grows so does my headaches of trying to find things. I would prefer it to be able to show .eps and .cdr files, but anything would be a great help.

Doug Griffith
10-28-2008, 5:58 PM
This was discussed not that long ago here on SMC. Try searching for image catalog.

David Darnell
10-28-2008, 6:33 PM
From what I've seen here, the indexing service for this board is called "Frank"

Rudy Ress
10-28-2008, 7:07 PM
Try looking at this one. It does a ton of different formats and it's free.

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pierre.g/xnview/enhome.html

Bill Cunningham
10-28-2008, 10:33 PM
I just use a master clipart directory, with folders for each type of clipart (plants, dogs, horses, whips-chains-leather:D, etc..) and then use good ole windows explorer to scan the appropriate folder for the picture I'm looking for.. X4 w/sp1 has improved the thumbnail images quite a bit..

Ron Thompson
10-29-2008, 12:57 AM
What does Frank use? That's all any of us need.

Ron Thompson

Frank Corker
10-29-2008, 10:25 AM
I use St Thumbnails Explorer you can find it here

http://www.softfields.com/index.php?sttex_version=1.5.1120

Dave Johnson29
10-29-2008, 12:26 PM

:D:D:D Good one Ron.

Bill Parker
10-29-2008, 3:37 PM
Thanks Frank, exactly what I was looking for. :D:D:D

Scott Erwin
10-29-2008, 3:49 PM

Ron Thompson

Frank has it all stored on an 8100TB hard drive with a 3,597,439 page booklet for "quick reference"....

I would give a full buck two ninty eight to have all the stuff he has....

Michael Kowalczyk
10-30-2008, 1:34 PM
I use St Thumbnails Explorer you can find it here

http://www.softfields.com/index.php?sttex_version=1.5.1120

Hey Frank,
Thanks for the link. It works great and the other link that allows for PDF's to be seen as a thumbnail helps out also.

Well now that you have let the cat out of the bag you may start feeling like the old Maytag repairman, since everyone will be have their clipart organized like you. Well don't worry. I have a solution for you. All you need to do is have all your royalty free clipart online for everyone to download. You can start your own social network share site. Move over Myspace and Facebook, Here comes Franksclipartspot.com.:D

Doug Bergstrom
10-30-2008, 2:13 PM
if you use adobe CS you can use Bridge to sort your files. Works great with all types of files.

Paul Brinkmeyer
11-03-2008, 1:03 PM
OK, I have Adobe CS, do not use it much, but I have it. today I needed to look at some art files to find something, and so I tried the Bridge.

WOW

It lets me see things I never knew I had, or at the least, could never find, and it still lets me drag the file right into Corel.

What other software do I have that does great things???
Or use, but really do not know how to use?

Thanks Doug and others for asking.