PDA

View Full Version : Foam Sanding pads

Mark Singer
05-24-2004, 3:56 PM
Does anyone have a good source for foam sanding pads? These are for hand sanding....I bought some at a show and I can't remember the nane of the company.

Mac McAtee
05-24-2004, 4:00 PM
Try Klingspore Abrasives.

Lee Schierer
05-24-2004, 4:05 PM
I get mine from Handyman Club of America. They send them with their sign up offers and free decals. :D

Chris Padilla
05-24-2004, 4:20 PM
Geeez, all I get is a plastic drill guide...I have about 4 of 'em now.

Mark, 3M makes foam-backed sanding squares. They work real well, comfortable to hold, and sand nicely. I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, however.

Wolf Kiessling
05-24-2004, 4:34 PM
Does anyone have a good source for foam sanding pads? These are for hand sanding....I bought some at a show and I can't remember the nane of the company.

The last batch I purchases I got from my local lumberyard, HOWEVER, I thought that I saw some at ACE Hardware. Might be worth a call over there.

Wes Bischel
05-24-2004, 4:41 PM
Chris - you and me both! Just got one last week.

Mark, I would second Klingspor - they have the foam version and the solid eraser like sanding blocks.

Wes

Perry Schmidt
05-24-2004, 5:49 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about Klingspor, but never used them. Planning on it, but been shop deprived lately... :(

Another source that I use and is at a lot of 'The Woodworking Shows' is Peach Tree USA. Web site: http://www.ptreeusa.com/. They have a few other websites for 'other stuff' like T-track, clamps, etc. Check out http://www.justclamps.com/ then go to the links page.

I've bought some stuff from them before. Haven't been overly impressed, but have no complaint either. Their stuff is definitely inexpensive. I usually end up w/ a lot of 'supplies' from them after the woodworking shows :)

Anyway, lots of stuff, inexpensive, generally good stuff - not the best you can get, but many times for me it's 'good enough'.

Check it out.

Perry

Jack Wood
05-24-2004, 6:31 PM
I bought mine at Lowes, cheap and lots of choices.:)

Terry Quiram
05-24-2004, 6:33 PM
Mark

Bought them from ebay.

Terry

Dan Mages
05-24-2004, 6:36 PM
I use 3M pads for drywall work. They make the job go by so much better!!

Dan

Tom LaRussa
05-24-2004, 6:53 PM
Mark,

I just bought a bunch at my local Harbor Freight on sale @ $2.49 for a ten pack. :)

Rob Littleton
05-24-2004, 8:21 PM
I know someone that actually shops at Home Hellhole for foam pads.

Quite a selection. I also, I mean, he also cuts them in half and uses them on the pens...........:-)

Richard Allen
05-25-2004, 5:39 AM
I have bought them from Industrial Abrasives:

http://commerce.riverweb.com:8002/index.html

The cost is $7.95 for 10 pads (4-3/4" X 3-3/4" X 1/2" TWO SIDED Silicon Carbide Abrasive pads. Can be used WET or DRY.)

The 1/2" of foam is VERY soft and can be easly wraped around small tight curves like spindles.

The pads work fine for me but I find little use for them.

Please note that these are not the firm single sided sanding pads.

Thanks

Kent Cori
05-25-2004, 9:36 AM
I bought some of the HF pads and recommend you stay away from them. This is one case where you definitely get what you pay for. They disintegrated after only moderate use. The 3-M pads were far superior.

Byron Trantham
05-25-2004, 2:08 PM
Get mine at the Big Box stores. :rolleyes: