PDA

View Full Version : Blum Compact 33 hinge - where to purchase (boston)

Michael Wildt
10-28-2008, 9:41 AM
Hi,

I'm looking for local places in the Boston area that carry Blum hinges. In particular the Compact 33 110 degree hinge. One is broken in the kitchen. I looked at Rockler/Woodcraft but they don't seem to carry the compact 33 hinge. Ordering online is possible but paying $7 for shipping on a $2 item is a bit high. If you know of a local place let me know.

Thanks,
Michael

Jeff Duncan
10-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Try calling a couple local cabinet shops, Blum are a very common hinge. I don't us them myself but I'm sure if you call a few shops you'll find one that will sell you a couple. Oh and don't buy one or you'll regret it in a couple months when another breaks, buy several and put them away for later.

JeffD

Bruce Wrenn
10-28-2008, 8:40 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for local places in the Boston area that carry Blum hinges. In particular the Compact 33 110 degree hinge. One is broken in the kitchen. I looked at Rockler/Woodcraft but they don't seem to carry the compact 33 hinge. Ordering online is possible but paying $7 for shipping on a $2 item is a bit high. If you know of a local place let me know.

Thanks,
MichaelSeven bucks for shipping doesn't look very high when you figure in gas and lost time. My local Grainger is about 30 miles away, but the "brown truck" delivers my orders. Same for saw blades being sharpened.

Michael Wildt
10-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the ideas.

Yeah, shipping cost depends on how to go to pick up the merchandise. In this case we're often in both Rockler and Woodcraft neighborhoods so basically free transport.

Michael

Rob Blaustein
10-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Woodcraft and Rockler would be my first choices too, but I've found that they don't always have a full selection, only the most common varieties of hinges. Checking the Blum website for distributors shows Richelieu in North Reading and Atlantic Plywood in Woburn but there is an Atlantic Plywood in Watertown too. Richelieu is a very big outfit and has a ton of stuff but it's possible that you need to have an account with them to order. In addition, that might be a bit of hike, depending on where around town you live. I would call Atlantic in Watertown and see what they've got.