PDA

View Full Version : Templets or Patterns

Jimmy Murphy
10-27-2008, 9:36 PM
Does anyone have any of the mini clock collection that laserbits sells?
These program disks are very expensive so i would be extreamly greatful if i could get some templets and patterns for corel that i can play around with on my laser.I have a epilog mini 45 watt 12x24

Stephen Beckham
10-27-2008, 9:56 PM
Jimmy,

Not sure anyone would be willing to break the TOS like that and post copywrited material. If they did, the moderators would quickly remove it anyway...

Your best bet would be to contact them directly and ask them for a sample file to test your laser with before you purcase their CD's...

Sorry...

Frank Corker
10-28-2008, 6:57 AM
Jimmy, making templates is the easiest thing in the world. Get the item that you want and put it on top of your scanner. Scan it at actual size. Import it into Corel draw and use the Polyline tool to draw the cut line around it. I have a whole bunch of the laserbits templates that I don't use, but don't be post messaging me your email address, to get me to send them to you.

Mike Null
10-28-2008, 7:41 AM
And when you save the file save it as a template thereby protecting from inadvertant modification.

Linda Tetreault
10-28-2008, 12:07 PM
If you go to scroll saw sites, there are CD's that sell for about $14.95 from the Berry Basket. They are the same ones that Laser Bits sells & there are many designs on each CD. If you go to greatamericanscrollsaw dot com you can buy the whole collection for about $28. Each design is in PDF which can be downloaded in vector form.

Dan Moffett
11-10-2008, 5:09 PM
If you go to scroll saw sites, there are CD's that sell for about $14.95 from the Berry Basket. They are the same ones that Laser Bits sells & there are many designs on each CD. If you go to greatamericanscrollsaw dot com you can buy the whole collection for about $28. Each design is in PDF which can be downloaded in vector form.

I purchased the scroll saw patterns. I downloaded the file rather than order the CD. How do I convert the PDF files to vector format?

Cary Fleming
11-10-2008, 5:15 PM
If the PDF file is not just a scan of the pattern then you can open the file with or import the file into CorelDraw and it will be a vector file. If the pattern was scanned then you will just get a bitmap of the pattern in CorelDraw.

Linda Tetreault
11-10-2008, 7:32 PM
Dan,
The Berry Basket designs are in PDF, import them into corel, break apart, get rid of the stuff you don't want on your pattern (arrows & dimentions & stuff), select all & change to hairline & you should be good to go.

Dan Moffett
11-10-2008, 8:04 PM
If the PDF file is not just a scan of the pattern then you can open the file with or import the file into CorelDraw and it will be a vector file. If the pattern was scanned then you will just get a bitmap of the pattern in CorelDraw.

Thanks for the info. I have used Corel for years and never tried to import a PDF file.