PDA

View Full Version : I settled on a chuck!

Michael Arruda
10-27-2008, 9:03 PM
Hello all,

I asked a few weeks ago for recommendations on a chuck. I was looking at an SN/2 or an original Nova. problem was, the SN/2 was going to be about $150, then my source for the adapter fell through, so it was going to be about $165 or so. Over my budget of $100. I was going to go with the Nova for $65, but it didn't have interchangeable adapters.

I was searching around in the 'bay, looking for a chuck when a Oneway appears. I ended up buying it.

Oneway chuck, in box with tommy bars, 1x8TPI adapter, woodworm, regular jaws and a set of #1 jaws in the box. After the 10% discount through e-bay and $10 shipping, my total was $120 and change.

I think it was a pretty good buy- whatcha think? Is there anything touchy about the Oneway I should know about? Any good or bad that I'll find in use?

Thanks,
Michael

Bernie Weishapl
10-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Don't know about anything touchy but it looks to me like you got a good buy. Enjoy.

Michael Arruda
11-07-2008, 2:38 PM
After some UPS issues, I finally got the chuck in. Needs some rosewood dust cleaned off, but in pretty good shape otherwise.

It actually came with a 1x8tpi RH/LH adapter, as well as a 3/4x16tpi that wasn't mentioned in the auction. I'm pretty happy about that.

The step jaws say "Oneway Mfg" on the box, but then say "Made in China." The rest of the components are Oneway, marked Canada, in the proper boxes. I didn't think Oneway had any chinese manufacturing. Are these knock-off jaws?

Thanks,
Michael

Sean Troy
11-07-2008, 3:25 PM
Not sure if they are knock off jaws or not but it does seem like you got a good deal.