PDA

View Full Version : She was a great dog

Kevin Arceneaux
10-27-2008, 1:05 PM
RIP Springy

Brent Smith
10-27-2008, 1:19 PM
Sorry for your loss Kevin. It's always hard when we lose a loved pet.

Jim Becker
10-27-2008, 1:29 PM
I'm sad to learn of your loss, Kevin. Memories do live on...and I'm sure you'll have plenty of wonderful ones!

Greg Cole
10-27-2008, 1:31 PM
Deepest sympathies to you Kevin.
A dog is a best friend in so many ways and just good company.
We have a 1 + year old dog and our 7 year old asked me just last night how long he'd live...... bout all I could say is a loooooong time & changed the subject.:o

Greg- who brings his dog to work everyday of the week.;)

Bruce Page
10-27-2008, 2:38 PM
You have my condolences Kevin. We have a 12 year old Lab who’s health is starting to fail and will probably be joining Springy in doggie heaven in a month or two. I am not looking forward to that day.

Rod Sheridan
10-27-2008, 3:18 PM
Kevin, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, although I'm sure you have many happy memories of your dog.

One thing we do to remember the pets is that we make a small scroll sawn Christmas tree ornament in the shape of the dog or cat that we no longer share our home with.

Regards, Rod.

Kevin Arceneaux
10-27-2008, 3:39 PM
Thanks folks. At least I did not have to work yesterday and got to run home and say my goodbyes. I just wish it would have been me instead of my wife having to do it.

Ted Shrader
10-27-2008, 5:32 PM
Kevin -

My sympathies for your loss. Pets are a huge part of any family and their passing is a very sad time.

Regards,
Ted

Joe Pelonio
10-27-2008, 5:54 PM
Kevin,

We have lost a few dogs over the years, none was as painful as the last, our Bernese Mountain dog. For some reason he just seem much more a part of the family than the others we had. Grown kids crying.

Sorry for your loss, you may get over the pain eventually but will never forget Springy and the joy he brought..

Randy Davidson
10-27-2008, 7:46 PM
I lost one of my Berners about 2 months ago. He was a rescue and super special to me. I'm sorry for your loss.

Jim O'Dell
10-27-2008, 7:47 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss. Yes it is hard. We lost two this summer, our first home bred dogs, and first home bred Champions. They shared our lives for 13+ years and made us so much richer for it. I too cried like a baby, especially when we lost my boy Dalton.
Create a file in the computer, and start writing down one line memories, things you did together, things the dog did that were funny, amazing, or just interesting. It helps to remember the good times, and in turn, that helps ease the sadness of the loss. We would open the file for weeks adding newly remembered memories. Jim.

Clara Koss
10-27-2008, 7:59 PM
i am very sorry that your pup passed away...i know she enjoyed her life with you...

Greg Peterson
10-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Kevin, I'm sorry for your loss.

Just wanted to say that.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Kevin,

My sincere sympathies for the loss of your friend.

Leigh Costello
10-28-2008, 1:01 AM
Kevin,
So sorry for your loss.
Take care.

Ben Franz
10-28-2008, 1:05 AM
Kevin - My sympathies on your loss. The grief is the price we pay for the joy our animals bring to our lives.

Mitchell Andrus
10-28-2008, 7:55 AM
Sorry for your loss. I know the pain.... been there recently.

Al Willits
10-28-2008, 8:46 AM
I think puppies were placed on this earth to give us a large taste of heaven...and a little taste of hell...:)

Sorry to hear about you friend, have gone though that three times and a fourth is coming up, always a hard time to deal with.

Al

Belinda Barfield
11-03-2008, 3:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Springy, Kevin. I'm glad you got to be there, and glad your wife didn't have to go through the experience alone.

Phil Thien
11-03-2008, 8:22 PM
Sorry for your loss, Kevin.

Kevin Arceneaux
11-03-2008, 9:52 PM
I got to go home Sunday. My other dog must have thought she was with me. He really started looking for her when I walked in. Needless to say, he got a lot of attention.

Don Bullock
11-04-2008, 7:47 AM
Kevin,
I'm very sorry to read about the loss of Springy. Our dogs are only with us for a short time, but while they are here they lill our lives with joy.

Gene O. Carpenter
11-08-2008, 11:55 AM
I know how you feel as my Canines have brought me peace of mind through out my 72 years but more so during the last few years as I've gotten older and think of the year's gone by.

These are my favorite witticisms and they apply here,

" Dogs aren't our whole lives, dogs make our lives whole and leave paw prints across our hearts"

" He is my friend, my partner, my defender, my dog. I am his human, his love, his leader. He will be mine, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. I owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." .

Authors unknown...........

Gene