PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo bandsaw?????

David Klug
05-24-2004, 12:13 AM
I was visiting a friend yesterday and showing me his latest gloat. It was a 14" Buffalo bandsaw which he thought was an old timer until we saw that it was made in Tiawan. Anybody know anything about them?

DK

Chris Padilla
05-24-2004, 11:51 AM
David,

New one on me...sorry to dissapoint with this post but didn't want you to go down with a zero replies! :D

Tyler Howell
05-24-2004, 12:16 PM
I picked up a Buffalo disk/belt sander for $5.00 at a garage sale. Got more than I paid for. Tracks well doesn't load down.

I think HF handled the brand for a while.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-24-2004, 12:20 PM
David, I was talking to my brother-in-law yesterday. Interestingly, I asked him what kind of b/s he had. It's a Buffalo. He said it's okay. He thought it was Delta knock-off. He recommended getting a Grizzly instead?..... :confused:

Wes Bischel
05-24-2004, 12:38 PM
David,

There was/is a company - Buffalo Forge that made equipment from the late 1800's thru 1950's. They are still around in a few different forms. The bandsaw your friend has is not affiliated with this company. The Buffalo he has is from an importer of equipment similar to Harbor Frieght. I think Target has some of Buffalo's stuff. It is most likely a knock off of an old Delta design as mentioned by Ken.

Bandsaws are simple enough machines, that with some tuning and a few specific upgrades. it can be a productive machine.

Wes

Charles McKinley
05-25-2004, 10:50 AM
Ditto what Wes said. Buffalo tools are available at a local hardware chain here in Western PA. Most of their stuff is OK for light to moderate use. Try the low tension timber wolf blades on it.

Walt Pater
05-25-2004, 9:37 PM
My first hotdog compressor was a Buffalo and I had to work to kill the thing. Most Buffalo stuff around here is sold in the same stores that sell factory 2nd windows, hollow core doors, etc. My compressor worked fine, but I am hesitant to purchase anything else by them- they are so "affordable" that they arouse my suspicion. Still, for occassional use, a $19.95 angle grinder (for instance) might not be a bad thing.