PDA

View Full Version : Waiting is no fun...

Steve Rozmiarek
10-26-2008, 5:07 PM
What a perfect day to work in the woodshop. Cold and windy outside, clear schedule, and a new pile of lumber inside. However, the new Felder is not here yet. It wasn't expected, but...

Jim Becker
10-26-2008, 6:56 PM
Yea, but it's an excellent excuse to tune up and practice with your hand tools! :)

Steve Rozmiarek
10-26-2008, 7:02 PM
Jim, you are correct! Or, draw up some plans for those basement cabinets...

BTW, which MM machine do you have? One of the reasons I am waiting for a Felder is a recommendation by you detailing space savings. Have a good afternoon,

Jim Becker
10-26-2008, 7:09 PM
Steve, I have the S315WS slider with an 8.5' wagon, an FS350 J/P combo ("fourteen inch", err....350mm cutting width) and the MM16 band saw. (2003 vintage with 12" resaw height) You'll really enjoy the increased capacities in a compact space once your machine(s) arrive. Some folks need to rethink their working patterns a little with combos to reduce changeovers, but that doesn't take a lot of time. In fact, I almost never edge joint anymore since I can straight line rip on the slider the material that I batch prepare on the J/P to flat and to thickness. Cuts out a step completely for a lot of components! 'Hope you don't have to wait too long!

Rod Sheridan
10-27-2008, 9:18 AM
What a perfect day to work in the woodshop. Cold and windy outside, clear schedule, and a new pile of lumber inside. However, the new Felder is not here yet. It wasn't expected, but...

Hi Steve, what machine are you waiting for?

I'd be smug and say that patience is a virtue, however it's a lot easier to be virtuous when you're not the one who is waiting!...LOL

Regards, Rod.

Steve Rozmiarek
10-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Rod, my equally smug wife mentioned something like that this weekend as well. She dosen't understand the apeal of a CF 741 Pro though, and I suspect my fellow Creekers may.

Turned out ok though I guess, work reared its ugly head again, so it would have been even worse to have had to leave the shiney new machine in the shop all alone, while I was spending "quality" time with a spreadsheet. Afraid my desire to work would have suffered, to say the least...

Have a good evening,

Rod Sheridan
10-28-2008, 8:00 AM
Steve, very nice machine, now I can't wait either and I'm just a spectator!

Regards, Rod.