PDA

View Full Version : Craft show pics

Anthony Yakonick
05-23-2004, 10:12 AM
Heres some pics of my booth from 5/22. It was a small show at a arts center, not a lot of sales but they were "good" sales. Last year it was about 45degs and damp this year it was 90deg and sunny

Jim Becker
05-23-2004, 10:29 AM
Some very familiar pieces there, Anthony! :D Nice weather does help bring folks out--'glad you had a good show.

Lars Thomas
05-23-2004, 1:15 PM
Nice looking bowls. I'll bet those segmented bowls are the ones that sold.

Jim Ketron
05-23-2004, 1:22 PM
Nice bowls !

How did you construct your display?
nice job
Jim

Anthony Yakonick
05-23-2004, 9:48 PM
Thanks folks!
Jim B., funny thing is we had less people last year but more $ :confused:

Lars, people like to look at the segmented turnings but don't cough up the money.

Jim K, the panels are painted poplar with black cloth around the back. There are seven open panels that bolt together, it's been evolving over ten years to make it lighter and easier to set up. The canopy is made by Creative Energies and cost as much as a mid range table saw but it keeps me dry and will stay together in a storm if tied down right.

Daniel Rabinovitz
05-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Anthony
Looks very nice. And the bowls look outstanding.
Daniel :D

Kent Cori
05-24-2004, 4:20 PM
Anthony,

You are more than welcome to send any of your overstocked items to me. :D

Terrific work!

Tom Sweeney
05-24-2004, 6:19 PM
Glad you made some good sales too. As always your turnings are fantastic.
Is it my eyes or are the 2 big hollow vessels in the center box elder? I can't tell in the pic but the streaks look red - just wondering cause you don't seem to be a big fan of the box elder cause the staining goes away.

Nice display for the folks to admire your work BTW.

Is there a turning club meeting in June? Even though I have a standing appointment on Wednesday nights - I'd like to try to make a meeting to see what it's like - so I might play hooky from my other meeting if you're having one next month.

Anthony Yakonick
05-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Kent, if I ever get overstocked I'll call you ;) . There are only about 25 vessels in the booth, I like to go with about 40-50 per show but I haven't turned much due to shoulder problems.

Tom, yes they are two older boxelder turnings the larger one won best of show and earned me an extra $400 at the 2002 Yellow Springs show.
No meeting in June, you just missed the wood auction last Wednesday :mad:
Next meeting is July

http://keystonewoodturners.com
All the news

Once again, thanks all

Bill Grumbine
05-25-2004, 1:06 PM
Very nice Anthony! Sounds like it was a decent show.

Bill