PDA

View Full Version : Deck is Finally Complete.....

Tony Falotico
05-23-2004, 10:00 AM
Back in early April I posted some pic's of the deck I was building ( http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=8319&highlight=deck ). Well, almost two months later it's finally nearing completion. How come the last 20% of the work takes 80% of the time?

Anyway, pic's 1 & 2 show a basic overview of the deck. Pic 3 is a close up of the fishpond, pic 4 is the lower lounge deck, pic 5 is another shot of the fishpond / garden area. As can be seen in the last picture, my grandkids have adopted it as their favorite breakfast place!

Now, if I can only get some grass growing in the yard. It was a fun project, very rewarding, LOML loves it, so much that she has lifted the ban on buying new tools. YIPPEE!, Woodcraft here I come!

Thanks for looking, now I have to clean up the workshop and get that new spin-ny thing set up!

Tony Falotico
05-23-2004, 10:03 AM
Cut me off before I got the last pic uploaded ......

Jim Becker
05-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Awesome, Tony! Quite a showplace and wonderful for entertaining and relaxation.

Byron Trantham
05-23-2004, 10:54 AM
Nice deck! Nice design!:D

Ken Garlock
05-23-2004, 10:56 AM
Tony, very, very nice. It looks very professional, and I especially like the water feature. Could you send me some of those trees, they would look great in our sparce backyard. ;)

I can understand why the tool ban has been lifted :)

Brian Hale
05-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Great looking deck Tony!! I'm just starting ours and have the post holes dug (12 holes 36" deep) and the ledger attached to the house. I like the planters on the left side in the first shot and since our deck will be ground level in several areas i may try something similar. (if you don't mind)

Nice job!

Brian

Tony Falotico
05-23-2004, 11:16 AM
Thanks to all for the kind words ............

Ken, as much as I love the trees and the shade, they are a major reason why I have sand and no grass. Certain areas get very little sun, and the leaves are so deep in the spring it is VERY difficult to clean it up. I mulched them for a couple years, but that gets so deep it smothers the grass after a while.

Brian, Most everything you see was inspired by something I saw in real life or in a magazine, so I claim no rights to them. If you want dimensions, angles and close up pic's of anything, let me know.

Lars Thomas
05-23-2004, 1:31 PM
Tony, no wonder it took months tp complete, it's months worth of work. Looks great. Lars

Bruce Page
05-23-2004, 3:25 PM
Super! That looks like it was a lot of work but it turned out great!

Kelly C. Hanna
05-23-2004, 4:16 PM
Very nicely done Tony! I like the different levels.

Dick Parr
05-23-2004, 4:40 PM
Very Very Nice Tony!

Todd Burch
05-23-2004, 5:09 PM
OK, we missed the party in Lars' basement - so... BAR-B-QUE on Tony's NEW DECK next weekend!!! WOO-HOO!!!

Looks Great Tony. It's icing on the cake when SWMBO likes it too!

Jerry Todd
05-23-2004, 5:20 PM
Tony, You should be proud. The craftmanship looks great and you did a good job with the pictures also. By the way I discovered a great source for hardwood in Fort White.
Jerry

Fred Voorhees
05-23-2004, 6:57 PM
Tony, professional work all of the way! Nice Job. and a cute trio of tricycle motors in that last shot. :D Grandchildren I assume?

Jerry Olexa
05-23-2004, 7:49 PM
Tony terrific work! Different levels, ponds, greenery etc Interesting deck. You should be proud!! Jerry

Tony Falotico
05-23-2004, 8:09 PM
Tony, You should be proud. The craftmanship looks great and you did a good job with the pictures also. By the way I discovered a great source for hardwood in Fort White.
Jerry

Several folks have told me about a place in Fort White, but nobody gave details. Please post (or e-mail) a name, address and / or phone number. Going to be looking for furniture quality woods for the next few projects.

Thanks in advance Jerry, Tony.

David Klug
05-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Really looks great Tony. Where did you get the nifty looking swing with the canopy?

DK

Tony Falotico
05-24-2004, 6:22 AM
Where did you get the nifty looking swing with the canopy? DK

Wal-Mart :)

Kent Cori
05-24-2004, 4:38 PM
Tony,

I think your deck is about twice the size of my first house. Great job! I know just how much sweat you put into this outstanding project. Aren't these hot, humid Florida summers great for taking off the pounds? ;)