PDA

View Full Version : Blum hinges A+ Lee Valley A+

Andy Pratt
10-25-2008, 4:25 PM
I just used the blum "euro" hinges for the first time and I'm really impressed. I had three cabinet doors that had to line up perfectly along the tops, with about a 1/8th gap between each of their sides, so not much room for error. After initial assembly I was getting a little worried as things looked a bit off kilter. After screwing everything down in place I started adjustments and it was a breeze. The one-screw adjustments for depth and L/R distance were invaluable to me (working by myself, so not enough hands othewise) and the finished product looks perfect. I can't imagine having been able to do the same adjustments in anything less than 4x as long, 4x as much frustration with regular hinges.

Now I know what all the fuss was about, should have tried a set of these out much earlier.

As a side note, one hinge had a broken hook on it. A quick call to Lee Valley and they sent a new pair out right away, no questions asked, no need to return the broken hinge. I try to buy everything I can from them and this is one of the major reasons why.

Is great when you find a product/company that not only does what they should, but goes beyond.

Andy