PDA

View Full Version : Jet 1220 dims?

Jay Yoder
10-25-2008, 3:45 PM
Hi all. This may be a strange request, but could someone please give me the mounting and overall dimensions of the 1220 with the extension bed? I have the boxes buried in my shop and wondered if someone could help me. I am doing some shop layout and that help me design the stand for it. Also any pics of your 1220 stands would be great! I am guessing that a 5' long "top" would be long enough. I called Jet and they had no mounting patterns or dimensions to help!

robert hainstock
10-25-2008, 6:28 PM
8X20" for the lathe without the extension. Add the extension length tp that. the VS box adds 4 in to the overall length but does not affect the footprint. SPIN ON!:D
Bob

Dan Bertenthal
10-25-2008, 6:44 PM
I just went to check. The total footprint without extension is very close to 30" in length (20" is the distance between centers). The width of the base is about 10".

My bed extension is buried away too, though I believe it's 28" long. The feet may extend an inch or so further out.

So, the length of the base + extension is very close to 5'. I would also be sure to leave a little bit of access room on either side of your stand so you can slide off the tailstock and access the pulleys for belt changes.

These aren't exact measurements but I think you'll just barely make it at 5'.

d