PDA

View Full Version : emulate xp

Bill Morrison
10-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Corel x3 constantly crashes with Vista and not too long ago someone posted a tip on how to change the settings so that Vista would emulate Xp for the program. I tried it and it worked great. I save tips to a word file but the new computer I bought decided to quit working completely before I even had a chance to do a backup. Does anyone remember such settings. I tried to do a forum search but couldn't come up with anything.

Thanks
Bill Morrison

Skip Weiser
10-23-2008, 1:44 PM
On XP you would right click the desktop icon, choose properties, then click the compatibility tab. I think Vista is probably the same?

Skip

John Noell
10-23-2008, 2:57 PM
You need to find the actual program (the ".exe"), which usually is in the Program Files folder, then inside a folder or two (C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 13\Programs\CorelDRW.exe). Right click on that, click compatibility tab, then choose WinXPSP2.

Tim Bateson
10-23-2008, 4:37 PM
I've never had a problem with Corel X3 on Vista, but PhotoGraV would end with an error every time - had to be killed in Task Manager. This fix resolved that problem.
I used to use this years ago between Win2000 and XP. I had forgotten all about it.
Thanks.

Bill Morrison
10-23-2008, 6:29 PM
Thanks all. I remember it being just a matter of a few clicks but just couldn't remember where.

Bill

Bill Cunningham
10-23-2008, 10:39 PM
I seen a sale flyer for a laptop at Staples, It came with Vista, but also came with a Windows XP 'downgrade' disk... Hmmm do you think M.S. is admitting their mistake? The last time i enquired at Staples about Getting a computer with XP ,they told me if i downgraded the software they would void the warrenty.. And now their supplying them