View Full Version : World Series Update

Mark Rios
10-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Tampa Bay Rays -- 0

Philadelphia Phillies -- 1

People who actually care -- 12

Robert Parrish
10-23-2008, 12:11 PM
13. We won in the 7th game over Boston!!

Chris Padilla
10-23-2008, 12:42 PM
As a Colorado Rockies' fan, I am enjoying seeing Tampa Bay in the WS. I just hope they don't flop in the WS like the Rockies did.

Joe Pelonio
10-23-2008, 1:02 PM
We watched it for a while, then got bored and went to some DVR recordings.
Much as I enjoy watching baseball I just can't get into this one since I really have no reason to hope for either team to win. We'll watch if there's nothing better on.

Larry Browning
10-23-2008, 1:06 PM
Tampa Bay Rays -- 0

Philadelphia Phillies -- 1

People who actually care -- 12

Ahh, you're just bitter cause the Phillies kicked the Dodgers behind!

Mark Rios
10-23-2008, 3:19 PM
Ahh, you're just bitter cause the Phillies kicked the Dodgers behind!

Actually Larry I was rooting for the Phillies because I don't like the Dodgers. I'm still waiting for the Giants or the A's to figure out that baseball is actually played past September. To all the Phillies and Rays fans, a big congrats.

I'm not what you would call a big baseball fan. I just wonder how much hair pulling FOX network is doing since the teams aren't really "BIG" or popular teams. I wonder if they were able to charge the same advertising dollars for less popular teams. From what I hear a Red Sox v. Dodgers would have been a better series but I couldn't really tell you.

I did find a really good way to watch the games (which I find slightly boring most of the time:D).......Tivo. That 30 second fast forward button works out great. And then when it gets really boring I've got a 5 minute fast forward button as well. If the score changes or a couple of guys get on base then I can go back and watch the action(?):D. I watched the whole game last night in about an hour.

Sports here in NorCal just about sucks smelly green donkey cheese for the past number of years. :D

Rob Bodenschatz
10-30-2008, 12:47 AM
World Champions.

Mark Rios
10-30-2008, 1:59 AM
Hooray for the Phillies!!!!

I heard on the news that all 12 fans who actually gave a hoot got into a cab and went out for tacos.

Jim Becker
10-30-2008, 9:16 AM
I heard on the news that all 12 fans who actually gave a hoot got into a cab and went out for tacos.

Well, it was a few more based on the pictures on the news here this morning...Broad Street in Phila looked like Times Square on New Years last night...with the requisite mess afterward, I might add.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-30-2008, 9:24 AM
As I sat in the bar of a local Italian restaurant with 2 co-workers having a micro-brew, the announcer stated and later during the ceremony the owner stated that 43,000 fans of 44,000 ticket holders showed up for the game. Mark must have been referring to the 12 in Modesto.:rolleyes:

Chris Padilla
10-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Bummer for the Rays and I'm no fan of Philly but it is nice to see the NL take the title back. It is even sweeter that Boston didn't make it....

JohnT Fitzgerald
10-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Hey now, let's not bash the Sox. lest we get into the whole "better team" argument....

Congrats to the Phillies and all their fans!! We actually did watch most of the series (does that make us two of the 12??), and I made dammned sure to catch the last couple innings last night. It was a good series, although a pretty bizarre ending (the suspended/resumed game).

Congrats also to the Rays. In that series, the best team definitely won. My Sox could not pitch when they had to and could not hit when they had to. The Rays had both pitching and hitting, and their fans should be proud of that team (and I emphasize the word team, because thats how they played and thats what got them into the Series).

Jim Becker
10-30-2008, 12:44 PM
I watched the last two and a half innings last night...purely because I'm sick with a head cold and reading a book wasn't going to happen... LOL It took about 800 pitchers to get through those few innings, but they got it done!

Chris Padilla
10-30-2008, 1:01 PM
Hey now, let's not bash the Sox.

As a Rockies' fan, I think I'm allowed some leeway.... ;)

JohnT Fitzgerald
10-30-2008, 1:47 PM
Oh - I saw your location and just assumed you were harboring bad feelings from this years ALDS......

However - using something my friend from Missouri likes to tell me....the Rockies have to "Show me". :)

I liked the Rockies - they were fun to watch. Seriously - they played good ball to get them into the Series. But they ran into the Sox as they hit their stride. All things even out though...the Sox had no 'stride' this year, and TB and Philly seemed to have just that more gas in the tank.

Chris Padilla
10-30-2008, 3:03 PM
Oh - I saw your location and just assumed you were harboring bad feelings from this years ALDS......

However - using something my friend from Missouri likes to tell me....the Rockies have to "Show me". :)

I liked the Rockies - they were fun to watch. Seriously - they played good ball to get them into the Series. But they ran into the Sox as they hit their stride. All things even out though...the Sox had no 'stride' this year, and TB and Philly seemed to have just that more gas in the tank.

I still firmly believe the Rockies' 21/22 run through the end of the season and through the playoffs set them up for an 8 day HANGOVER (layover) that lost them all their momentum and the Red Sox had just picked theirs up and subsequently mowed us down....

JohnT Fitzgerald
10-30-2008, 3:19 PM
I'd agree with that - losing momentum just because of a layover/hangover.....well, that's just the way it is. I actually thought the Phillies might have a touch of that since they waited so long for the Rays ... but it was not to be.

Nancy Laird
10-30-2008, 3:30 PM
I'm glad the senior circuit got the banner back, but I would have been a LOT happier if my Cardinals had gotten there--and won!

Chuck Saunders
10-31-2008, 8:31 AM
Just another year as a Dodger fan. You get to see some really good ball being played, by the opposing team.

JohnT Fitzgerald
10-31-2008, 8:45 AM
Just another year as a Dodger fan. You get to see some really good ball being played, by the opposing team.

except for their finish.....back here, all we heard was how Manny single-handedly put the Dodgers into the playoffs.

Chuck Saunders
11-02-2008, 7:27 PM
I think Manny brought a breath of enthusiasm back to the Dodgers that got everyone back on the mindset that they could indeed be a winning team.