PDA

View Full Version : Aspire!!!

james mcgrew
10-22-2008, 5:48 PM
vectric has released "Aspire" some of you have seen this little fish!

check out the movie and pdf of models!!

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/aspire/aspire_features.html

JIM

Keith Outten
10-22-2008, 11:21 PM
James,

I saw the announcement on the ShopBot Forum a couple of days ago. Apparently Vectric was showing Aspire at Maker Faire in Texas and during the ShopBot Jamboree. Very cool software, I doubt I will be able to resist purchasing Aspire. I'm told the price has been reduced during the introductory period from $2000.00 to $900.00 for owners of VCarve Pro but I haven't seen the official price listing yet.

Thanks for the link.

james mcgrew
10-22-2008, 11:25 PM
kieth the aspire forum is up on vectrics page! it has been quite a release, i have seen over 7000 views on several forums, most all has been answered about pricing on the aspire thread on vectric forum and i have ordered mine!!

jim

james mcgrew
10-24-2008, 7:19 PM
tutorials!!

http://www.vectric.com/support/Aspire/V1/tutorials_index.htm

james mcgrew
10-25-2008, 10:13 PM
first file

demo is now available on vectric!

Keith Outten
10-26-2008, 6:11 AM
James,

I have to admit that that Aspire is very tempting and in the back of my mind I know that I will have to make the purchase. At my age the thought of having to learn to use yet another piece of software is not something I look forward to but I haven't hit the wall just yet.

My biggest problem is that I can't seem to get enough ShopBot time in and I get rusty from lack of time with the machine. My duties here at The Creek combined with a day job that is more than hectic these days leaves little time in my shop. Even at CNU I don't get enough time on their ShopBot to keep my skills sharp much less get to learn something new. I run the CNU ShopBot about two days per month which produces more sign plaques that I can process and install the remainder of the month. We are making ADA door signs by the hundreds each month these days. I have some high-end signs to design and fabricate in the future but my current schedule is so full it could be awhile.

Even if i had the Aspire software right now it would be awhile before I could find the time to install and use it...life keeps getting in the way :)

Keith Outten
12-10-2008, 1:10 PM
Well James I couldn't resist after all, I broke down and ordered Aspire and it arrived via FedEx today. The thought of having to pay the price they are listing at the end of January 09 made it a decision I had to make that was irreversible. The price sting was lowered a bit because I had three ShopBot demonstrations on the books and ShopBot offers $250.00 for each demo you do if the person purchases a ShopBot. Ordering from ShopBot allowed me to knock the price down by $750.00

james mcgrew
12-31-2008, 8:22 AM
Happy New Year to All

i have been a self employed woodworker all my working life (owned a bar or two in between) i swore for many years i would never own a cnc machine!! all i saw was massive iron that looked more like a tank in iraq than a tool with endless capability.

in my work i have reached most if not all goals i set for my self, i have been blessed to have been asked to build woodwork from bird houses to federal courthouses, had my work featured and admired ( or at least they put on a good act!!)

But this year

i was eating lunch and saw a carvewright comercial, bought one! realized real quick it was limited but it did what it was supposed to do!, met Bill Glenn and his fellows at CAMaster who built me one of the finest CNC tools i own, met Tony Mac in atlanta, who for some strange reason asked me to sit and share a meal with him and exposed me to software that would change everything and add a profitable component to my business as well !!

to all of you at Vectric, CAMaster and this forum i thank you, it truley has been one of life's best working experience's i could have ever asked for and the funny thing is

i swore i would never do it!!

Happy New Year and thanks again

jim mcgrew