PDA

View Full Version : .dst file

Pete Simmons
10-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Was given a .dst file for a graphic anyone know what to open it with?

They thought it may have come from their embroider machine.

Can I get in into Photo Shop or Corel?

Paul Brinkmeyer
10-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Send it to me, I can covert it to something else for you.
But it might look like stitches.

Dave Johnson29
10-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Check here to start...

http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/dst

Joe Pelonio
10-22-2008, 12:20 PM
I checked on my wife's Bernina software and it is a file for commercial embroidery machines that can be imported to other embroidery machines, and someone might be able to convert it to a bitmap, but it will look strange with all of the stitches. That file type includes needle commands like stop jump and trim.

Paul Brinkmeyer
10-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Pete, I sent you the converted files.

Joe, Yes the output of a stitch file looks like stitches.
I have used this to my advantage a few times. I have a sewing center that I have done badges for, and I create the names in my sewing software and then output as a vector file, import into corel and modify it a little, then laser it. It then looks like the name is in stitches on the badge.

Your Bernia software should be able to do that as Bernia software is very good. but it has been a few years since I used Bernia.

Dave Johnson29
10-22-2008, 1:22 PM
It then looks like the name is in stitches on the badge.

Would this TT font help with that Paul?

http://www.stitchingcards.me.uk/free-truetype-font-310.htm

Pete Simmons
10-22-2008, 2:46 PM
To Paul and everyone else - Thanks for the info and Paul special thanks for the file.

I ended up with some touch up in Photoshop and got rid of some of the image that I could easily duplicate in Corel and used it that way. Worked OK not great.

Yes the converted file is stitches.

Same group sent me a jpg.

Not good quality to start but when I opened it in PShop image size comes out as 1 pixel and something like 30000 x 30000 inches.

Anyone seen that before? Also PShop was not eager to do editing on it.