10-22-2008, 1:09 AM
Anyone have the Epilog Dashboard? If you do, what is your opinion on it/

thanks

John Noell
10-22-2008, 1:39 AM
I like it.

Frank Corker
10-22-2008, 8:28 AM
Ramon, I wouldn't be without it. You are able to save all of your independent job settings with an unlimitless number. Big improvement.

Tim Bateson
10-22-2008, 9:11 AM
Epilog is doing a great job meeting our needs.

Larry Bratton
10-22-2008, 8:06 PM
Works for me too..I like it.

Ben Levesque
10-24-2008, 8:22 AM
I've just tried it, but I seem to have a weird problem,

In the advance menu where you can browse for the dat file, I am stuck with no were to go, except my documents folder, no c:\ and no drives option to choose from, and the configuration folder box can't be edited.

Anyone has this issue?

On the other hand when I save, the problem is not there, I have access to all my drives and folders. Weird.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/animek/Image2.jpg

Frank Corker
10-24-2008, 8:43 AM
Hi Ben, try putting your dat files into a new folder inside of the My Documents, that is where I keep mine, see from the screen.

Peck Sidara
10-24-2008, 10:08 AM
I've just tried it, but I seem to have a weird problem,

In the advance menu where you can browse for the dat file, I am stuck with no were to go, except my documents folder, no c:\ and no drives option to choose from, and the configuration folder box can't be edited.

Anyone has this issue?

On the other hand when I save, the problem is not there, I have access to all my drives and folders. Weird.

Ben,

The new Dashboard requires that the data files be pulled from a specific folder, mydocs/Epilog. You are correct though, you can save it where ever you'd like.

In most cases, I don't see this as an issue, just different. For those who save their data files to a server, please see below.

Below is a cut and paste from my response to a similar inquiry on another forum. It's a solution for those who prefer to open data files from sources other than the default folder.

Data file solution for those who prefer the traditional method of loading and saving your data files:

*Click on the Windows start button
*Go to control panel/printers and faxes
*right mouse click on your Epilog driver and go to properties
*Click on printing preferences
*In printing preferences, you can select your default printer settings. From page size, auto-focus to power/speed/frequency settings. YOU CAN ALSO SAVE THE DEFAULT SETTINGS FROM NEW UI TO CLASSIC UI.
*Click on the advanced tab and select classic UI.
*Click OK/Apply and OK again.

In Classic UI mode you are able to save and load data files to and from where ever you like.

Additionally, you still have access to all the great features of the dashboard.

The only thing you lose is the new look and feel.

Ben Levesque
10-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the answers, I will then put all my dat files in my documents folder.

It is so much easier to manipulate the setups with the new dashboard, the old one was a pain to get and save the dat files, plus now you can see the setups configuration included with your dat files before loading.

Thanks

Ben