PDA

View Full Version : bowl blanks in Strafford, Missouri?

David Little
10-21-2008, 7:36 PM
I'll be visiting southwestern Missoui latter this week and am always on the lookout for sources of turning wood, especially of species we don't readily have available in western Texas. On the auction site there is a seller listed as being in Strafford, Missouri, just a little east of Springfield. Does anyone have any experience with this seller or know of a way to contact the person directly to see if he has a location where one can visit to pick up blanks and save the cost of shipping?

Bill Bolen
10-21-2008, 8:00 PM
If you are talking about ebay there should be a box in the auction to contact the seller or ask seller a question. all goes through ebay and your email address is not given...Bill...

Ken Glass
10-21-2008, 10:32 PM
David,
I have bought several blanks from Canebranch and have always gotten exactly as stated in the blanks. He has some very good spalted blanks at a reasonable price. I would follow Williams advice and send him a message for contact. I know a eBay dealer here who has had considerable dealings with him and speaks very highly of him. He is in the Walnut capital of the area and has a lot of Walnut blanks besides a lot of spalted Hackberry.

Bernie Weishapl
10-21-2008, 10:41 PM
His Id is canebranch36. I have bought a lot of walnut, sycamore, box elder and spalted hackberry. It has been excellent wood and exactly what he describes.

David Little
10-22-2008, 3:02 PM
I had emailed the vender through ebay but had not heard back until this morning. Apparently they do not have a location where they sell retail. Based on your feedback I may later buy from them but was hoping while I was in the area I could pick up some blanks and avoid the expensive shipping charges for green wood.

Al Wasser
10-23-2008, 10:24 AM
David, I have also had good luck with the wood from canebranch. The problem to watch is what he sells is green wood. When green wood hits the low humidity of Colo. or W Texas it tends to crack. If you can deal with it before it cracks ok. I generally try not to buy green wood. I deal with free green wood. Having said all that I bet if you find his address, have cash in hand you can do some business.