PDA

View Full Version : Jet closed jointer stand worth

Brian Keith
10-21-2008, 2:14 PM
What would this stand be worth,no jointer just the stand 1-1/2 horse motor and belt? Stand is brand new. Seller is asking $125, is this resonable or high? Thanks

lowell holmes
10-21-2008, 7:42 PM
I paid less than $500 for my 6" Jet close stand jointer. It was new when I bought it.

David Tiell
10-22-2008, 12:37 AM
What are you going to use it for? Do you have the rest of a jointer? I have seen the 6" for as little as $200 on craigslist. Unless you are looking to use it for something else, I think it's a bit high.

Brian Keith
10-22-2008, 12:50 AM
I have a 6in jet shopline jointer now with an open base, if I purchase it Im going to put my jointer on it. I dont like the open base style.

Don Abele
10-22-2008, 1:33 AM
Brian, the $125 does seems a little high, BUT...if you were to buy these from Jet new, the cost would be much higher. You might see if they will sell only the base (which is all you need) for half that price.

Here's a link to the parts breakdown on the 6" closed stand jointer which shows EVERYTHING you would need to buy if you wanted to convert. Most of the parts you can recycle from your open stand, but the base is over $300 just by itself!

http://woodworking.jettools.com/PartDetails.aspx?BDID=797

Another option would be to pay asking price and then sell the motor. You could probably get $50-$75 for it if it's in good shape.

Be well,

Doc