PDA

View Full Version : My Shop

Brent Smith
10-21-2008, 9:31 AM
I've been posting here for a while now and thought it was time I posted some pics of my shop

Prashun Patel
10-21-2008, 9:47 AM
Your shop is beautiful and it makes me jealous.

Couple constructive criticisms: you have too many clamps. I'd be happy to take 10 or 20 off your hands. Also, those Festool vacuums can be annoyingly quiet. I can take that off your hands too.

;)

David G Baker
10-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Some day I will post some photos of my shop. Compared to yours, my shop looks like a Halloween cemetery filled with gouls, ghosts and goblins. It is in a constant state of flux, is always a total disaster and hard to use due to that condition.
Beautiful shop.

John Keeton
10-21-2008, 7:24 PM
Brent, here is the basic problem as I see it. Your shop is way too organized, way too clean, and you have far too many nice tools. Most of use fail to relate to those conditions. We all seem to find ourselves quagmired in disorganization, knee deep sawdust/shavings, and never have enough (nor the appropriate) tools.

Other than that - VERY NICE SHOP!!!

Bryan Rocker
10-21-2008, 7:43 PM
It is impossible for me to show these pictures to SWMBO because your shop is WAY to organized and dust free......Nice shop BTW.....

Bruce Page
10-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Very pleasing space Brent, it would be very easy to spend days in there!
How many DC’s do you have in there?

Carl Babel
10-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Nice shop Brent! What is that reflective stuff you've got on the ceiling? Is that for illumination, sound, temperature, or some combination of the three?

Brent Smith
10-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Thanks guys. Just so you know, the shop is never that clean. I spent a week cleaning it up before a bunch of friends came by for a sharpening demo by Frank D.

Bryan, just invite some people over and point out to your lovely wife that a dirty shop may reflect poorly on her also. Never know, she might get out there and help you straighten it up......

David, see above LOL.

John, see above, I usually can't lay hands on what I need either.

Shawn...these pics were taken before Bessey announced the new clamps. I bought a 'few' more when the K-bodies went on sale....and thanks for the offer, but I'll muddle through with them cluttering up the place LOL.

Bruce, I have 4 DCs in there. The main one is a Belfab that services most of the machines. There's also a small general Int that I move around depending on where it's needed. Another has a scoop on it to service the lathe, and the last is a wall hung GI that I've set up with 2 1/2" pipe and hose to use with hand power tools. Sorry, no pics of the last two.

Carl, the reflective stuff on the ceiling is just epoxy paint on concrete. I guess the angle the pic was taken at makes it look more exotic than it really is.

glenn bradley
10-22-2008, 10:12 AM
It is in a constant state of flux,

Don't let that stop you. I waited a year before I finally just went ahead and posted. I'd still be waiting to be between projects if I hadn't just grabbed the camera and gone at it (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=76670&d=1197146035). We all understand and this isn't a beauty contest. We just like to see each other's shops.

Oh, by the way Brent, beautiful shop :D:D:D.

P.s. I realize how much things have changed. I'm due for a new Tour Thread.

Art Mulder
10-22-2008, 10:50 AM
... to service the lathe,
the reflective stuff on the ceiling is just epoxy paint on concrete.

What lathe? I don't see a lathe! :confused: Geez, the man has a lathe in there also? And a concrete ceiling? In a basement?

Big Shop!!!

thanks, Brent,
...art

Brent Smith
10-22-2008, 10:58 AM
What lathe? I don't see a lathe! :confused: Geez, the man has a lathe in there also? And a concrete ceiling? In a basement?

Big Shop!!!

thanks, Brent,
...art

Hi Art,

Yup a lathe and a Jessem router table. There are a couple of corners of the shop not in those pics.

Greg Cole
10-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Nice looking shop for sure and well appointed as well.
In regards to cleanliness.... I defer to a magnet that was on the fridge for my entire upbringing...."Dull women live in immaculate houses." Our home was never immaculate, it was lived in and signs of life were abundant, that said it wasn't a dirty dump either... kinda like my shop. One can tell it's used quite often just by peeking in the window.
Not sure if I could consider pics of my shop a tour, how much of a tour does a 2 car garage take???:rolleyes:
I will have a little show n tell when I get the new bench in and do a full on reorganize.

Greg