PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic drill/driver + impact driver ?

Dave Lame
10-21-2008, 3:58 AM
Panasonic has 14 v lithium ion drill/driver mode and impact mode. EY7542LN2
Seems like a good idea, two tools in one. Anybody familiar with this tool?

Pros/cons welcome.

Also, any thought as to best 14 v or compact 18 v drill/driver for least cost?

Tks

Dave

Kelly C. Hanna
10-21-2008, 8:49 AM
It's hard to beat the Makita set. That said I have never heard one bad thing about Panasonic tools.

Dave Cavner
02-06-2009, 9:48 AM
It's hard to beat the Makita set. That said I have never heard one bad thing about Panasonic tools.

I know this is an old thread but I'm scanning the archives for opinions and wanted to add info that may help other searchers like me in the future.

I've seen so many who love(!) their Panny impact driver and wondered why their combo kits weren't more popular. Marketing, obviously, has much to do with it but I have also learned that (as of the date I am typing this) the Panasonic cordless saw uses a 25/32" arbor size for the blade. I was dismayed how few of these blades are available and how expensive they can be compared to the more common arbor size.

Tom Hargrove
02-06-2009, 11:07 AM
I don't know anything about the saw, but have used Panasonic cordless drill drivers (owned by others) and think they are best in class. I have owned Makitas for several years and have nothing bad to say about them, but the Panasonics tools are simply better. My next drill driver will be a Panasonic.

That being said, if you can't buy blades for the saw at a reasonable price, I don't think I would buy one.

Karl Brogger
02-07-2009, 12:21 PM
I've got all Panasonic drills. I, like many others, have few complaints about the quality or design.

I do a Makita 18v Li-Ion impact. It works really well. Super small, fast charger, plenty of oomf! My complaint with it is portion that the battery attaches to has broken away from the grip/handle. The rubber grip is the only thing holding it together. It fell down, but not from very far. I'm disappointed about that.

Personally, having a combo impact/drill in one unit doesn't do much for me. I like the size of the just straight impacts, and the weight. Panasonic does have one, and it is crazy expensive. At almost $400 its probably worth it if the quality is on par with their other cordless products. All of the reviews are extremely positive as well. Had it been available when I bought my Makita, I wouldn't have bought the Makita.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Building-Products/Cordless-Tools/Impact-Tools/model.EY7540LN2L.R_11002_7000000000000005702#tabse ction

edit- The only downside I see is that the charger takes 50min to charge the battery on a the Panasonic.