PDA

View Full Version : Can't Open An EPS File?

Frank Defert
10-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi All,

I had a customer send me an "eps" file today and I am unable to open it. I have tried every Corel filter and I end up with an invalid file format. If I just open it after saving it to my desktop all I get is a blank screen after Corel opens.

It does ave the sharpened pencil icon with it to suggest it may be a Corel file but it is followed by eps and not cdr in the title.

Can someone please share what I may be doing wrong if anything. I have read the archives and tried the tips I could find.

Joe Pelonio
10-20-2008, 11:33 PM
By your sig. you have Corel 12. If it was exported from X3 or a later version of Illustrator you cannot open it in 12. You would need X3 or have them export it again in a lower ai version.

Don Gares
10-21-2008, 12:05 AM
Frank,

E-mail the file to me at don@crsales.com and I will give it a shot.

Don

Frank Defert
10-21-2008, 12:32 AM
Thanks Don. The file has been sent.

Frank

Don Gares
10-21-2008, 1:42 AM
I sent it back in a Corel format that you should be able to open with your version 12. Hope that works for you.

Don

Frank Defert
10-21-2008, 4:34 PM
Thanks Don,

Worked out great ....

Joe

You were right the file was created in X3 ... time to upgrade .... X3 or X4 ?

Frank

Mike Null
10-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Frank

I'm not sure when X5 will be out but historically the odd numbered versions have been thought to be better than the even numbered versions.

I can't offer an explanation nor any evidence to prove it but many more expert than I have commented along those lines.

It seems X4 is now over a year old so waiting for the new version might be a good choice.

Chip Peterson
10-22-2008, 8:26 AM
I believe that X5 will be coming out very soon. The reason? I just installed my "new" X4!

Scott Erwin
10-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Frank

I'm not sure when X5 will be out but historically the odd numbered versions have been thought to be better than the even numbered versions.

I can't offer an explanation nor any evidence to prove it but many more expert than I have commented along those lines.

It seems X4 is now over a year old so waiting for the new version might be a good choice.

Mike is correct. Historically the odd numbered versions have been better and with less bugs/problems than the even number versions. I go back to Draw 3 and have found the hard way about it...I quit buying even number products as the past experience has repeated itself too many times. Wait for X5 or stay with X3.... just my 2¢ worth....

Bill Cunningham
10-23-2008, 9:26 PM
Everyone that bought, installed, and put up with X4 should get a free upgrade to X5. My X4 'still' crashes sometimes for no apparent reason, :mad: even after jumping through all those hoops to install the SP1 probably the worst upgrade experience I have ever 'enjoyed' (?) from a mainstream product!