PDA

View Full Version : Finaly did it

Douglas Brummett
10-20-2008, 5:47 PM
Today I made it all the way to the back of the cave :D

It has taken about a month, but today I finally made it to the beginning of the forum. There is some amazing information compiled here. Biggest bummer I came across were all the threads based around images in cyberspace that got discarded. Those who uploaded images to the forum for care were still intact though.

It was also interesting to watch the posters. Some of you guys have been around for a long time. Others seem to strike hot and then disappear. I am hoping to hang onto the hobby for a long time.

Good stuff. For the newbies, I highly recommend wading through the oldies.

Martin Shupe
10-20-2008, 6:10 PM
You are quite right. There is a lot of great information available.

I wish there was a way to mark "favorite threads". I don't think there is, but perhaps someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Douglas, do a search on threads started by Jason Tuinstra. Look at his furniture, and I'll bet you will be impressed.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-20-2008, 6:43 PM
Martin.....Subscribe to a thread. Then you can go to your Users Profile and recall it any time you want.

Peter Quadarella
10-20-2008, 8:04 PM
Or you can make it a favorite on your browser.

So, what was the all time best thread Doug?

Martin Shupe
10-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Martin.....Subscribe to a thread. Then you can go to your Users Profile and recall it any time you want.

Thanks Ken, I didn't know that.

Douglas Brummett
10-21-2008, 9:52 AM
Or you can make it a favorite on your browser.

So, what was the all time best thread Doug?

Oh man, that's a tough one. I really like the Bob Smalser tutorials/info-threads on chisels, sharpening, and plane rehab. Harry Strasil's threads are also very cool. Sorry, I can't say that any one thread struck me as the best.

Marcus Ward
10-21-2008, 1:22 PM
Now you can start reading the OldTools (http://ruckus.law.cornell.edu/mailman/listinfo/oldtools) archives. :) If you make it through those with your sanity intact you can be proclaimed King of the Internets.