PDA

View Full Version : Box in a box in a box.. etc.

Skip Weiser
10-20-2008, 4:07 PM
Nothing fancy here, just something I made for my 3 1/2 YO granddaughter. I used the Box Maker program and some scrap luan plywood I had laying around. I started with a 6" x 6" box, then 5.5" x 5.5", then 5" x 5" etc. down to 2" x 2" inches. All the smaller boxes fit inside the biggest one.

The luan cut fine but the edges got a little dark. Doesn't matter, she is going to LOVE them.

I should wrap them up for Christmas like the LOML wants me to do, but nahhhhhh. What's the fun in that?

Skip

Dave Johnson29
10-20-2008, 4:45 PM
All the smaller boxes fit inside the biggest one.

Hi Skip,

That is very neat. I have not yet cut much with my laser yet but I am going right out there now to try.

Erik King
10-22-2008, 12:01 AM
I did a search but did not find any reference to this...and it sounds like a program I could use. Can you please share what it is and where to get it?

Thanks!

Tim Bateson
10-22-2008, 6:37 AM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=44442&highlight=boxmaker

Tim Bateson
10-22-2008, 7:28 AM
Also see:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=87166&highlight=boxmaker

Erik King
10-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Apprecaite the info, Tim. I'll enjoy checking these out.

Roy Nicholson
10-23-2008, 4:27 AM
I'll play around with that6 this weekend.

I have a grandaughter that will love it.

Regards

Roy N.

Mike Null
10-23-2008, 6:51 AM
My 3 and a half year old granddaughter loves all manner of things to store and carry her stuff.

One day while searching for my missing cell phone case I opened one of her caches to find a couple of ripening tomatoes and a can of tomato sauce among other things.

Skip Weiser
10-23-2008, 9:41 AM
My 3 and a half year old granddaughter loves all manner of things to store and carry her stuff.

One day while searching for my missing cell phone case I opened one of her caches to find a couple of ripening tomatoes and a can of tomato sauce among other things.

That's funny Mike. Our GD's must be alike.

Mrs. Skip bought her a bag of 3,000 little beads that you string to make necklaces and bracelets. She spends hours taking them and putting them in one container, then scooping them out with a plastic cup into another container, then another, then sorting them by colors into another container, then back to the first one, on and on and on.

When I gave her the boxes. I opened the big one to show her that there was another box inside. Then I opened that one to show her there was another box inside that one, then another, and another. Her eyes were huge and she asked me if they were "magic boxes"? I said that they were special magic boxes just for her. She gave me a smile and a big hug that would melt your heart.

I was at her house last night and she has them all filled up with mostly necklaces, bracelets, headbands and other jewelry. I didn't know she had that much stuff and I think her mom better take inventory. I didn't see any tomatoes though.

Skip