PDA

View Full Version : Creekers Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis Peacock
10-20-2008, 7:50 AM
20 October 2008

Good Morning,
Earlier than normal start today because I'm teaching my youngest son how to not be slow and lazy and that he "can" get a lot done before lunch. I woke him at 6AM and got him to working immediately. My old military background comes in handy sometimes. ;)

Back from Philadelphia last Thursday night from yet another disaster recovery exercise for one of our customers. I did get to go see the Liberty Bell this time for a few minutes which was pretty interesting but I got there a little late to see anything else.

Been trying to recover from extreme sleep loss during the exercise last week. It was 64 straight hours, around the clock...and that took all I had in me to make it through the exercise. I did manage to get 6 hours total sleep (2 hours, 2 hours, & 6 hours) before catching a plane back to Arkansas.

I'm off work this week and will be working on the firewood stack as well as working on the walnut kitchen table that I've been trying to work on for about a year now. :o

It was church and family time yesterday (Sunday) and it's wide open time today to get as much done today as I can.

That's it for me....so what did YOU do this weekend???

Best of weeks to you all.

Nancy Laird
10-20-2008, 8:19 AM
Took a quick trip to Denver and picked up a new toyl for the shop - see thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=94640. Still a couple of days out from having it running, but now to figure out where to put it!!!

Don Bullock
10-20-2008, 8:23 AM
Good morning Dennis. Have a great morning with your son. I just noticed where you live. My brother lives somewhere in the same area I think.

Our weekend went to the dogs, literally. Saturday morning our girl from our litter of puppies we had in the summer went to her new home. The rest of Saturday we ran some errands around town and packed up the van for the Basset Hound Picnic. Our basset hound club puts on a picnic every year with fun events for basset hound owners. We do it mainly to raise money and awareness for the local basset hound rescue groups. It's a fun day for dog lovers. Another one of our puppies went to his new home from the picnic. To top off the day the boy from the litter that we're keeping for our next generation of show dogs and possibly our breeding program kept up our family tradition. He was the puppy with the longest ears. Starting with his great grandfather every year we've had a puppy at the picnic we've won the longest ear contest for puppies.:D

Now, today while the LOML is at work I get to unpack the van.:eek:

Joe Mioux
10-20-2008, 8:45 AM
worked at work on sat. a little on sun. cleaned the garage/shop. turned another pen - this is fun - so that now makes three. glued some barrels in more blanks.

back track - Friday afternoon I spoke with a General contractor re: building a new building for my tools. He does SIPS and I am leaning that way. This is very preliminary but it doesn't hurt to ask questions and get an idea of the cost.

joe

Jim Ciesla
10-20-2008, 9:06 AM
Managed to get a lathe table/stand done for a new 12-20 JET and started another small stand for my old mini (8") DP. Good productivity this weekend.

Mike Goetzke
10-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Celibrated my wife's B-day on Saturday but still found time to assemble 14 drawer boxes (beginning to see the light at the end of this project:D):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/Projects/Steph%20Bedroom/th_IMG_2447.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/Projects/Steph%20Bedroom/?action=view&current=IMG_2447.jpg)

Bobby McCarley
10-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Good Morning Dennis,
Had a great weekend. Went to Waco, TX. for the SWAT Symposium and had a good time. Great demo's and great demostrators, an excelent turners gallery with some outstanding turnings, plenty of vendors, good food, and many new friends. The wife also had a good time enjoying the hikeing trails near the hotel. For anyone who hasn't been to the SWAT Symposium, it is well worth the time. They put on an excelent symposium.

The best part of the trip was watching the L.S.U. win over S.C. after the banquet.

Bobby
Louisiana

Rod Sheridan
10-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi, I'm embarrassed to admit that it's taken a year to get around to putting in permanent dust collection piping for my Hammer A3-31.

I put in a blast gate near the floor at the jointer outfeed table for use when jointing, and a ceiling mounted blast gate at the other end for use when planing.

Now I only have a short piece of flex, so it's not like the old snake wrestling that dealing with a 3 metre long section of 120mm flex hose reminded me of.

I really like those metal gates Lee Valley sell, far better than those plastic contraptions.

I also went in to work for a 02:00 to 07:00 power system release for maintenance on Sunday, so after getting home and sleeping, Sunday was a write off.

Regards, Rod.

Jeremy Rayburn
10-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Veneered my first sunburst table top, which actually came out great mechanically, just wasn't happy with the design, so I'm flipping it over. Sold my Felder credit for much needed cash, thanks Steve! And also watched the TIGERS win one on the road in SC!

Jim Becker
10-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Horsie things on Saturday and then a few small things around the house. Sunday, I got to do very little as I had to fly to Atlanta for customer meetings I had today...and then fly back this afternoon.

Matt Meiser
10-21-2008, 7:42 AM
Final weekend of camping for the year. This weekend turned into a family reunion as people came from Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio, Kentucky and Michigan so I went down on Wednesday afternoon. Other than a few hours of work on Friday, most of the weekend was spent visiting. I did get a couple hours of work in Sunday night on my sander restoration which is 99% complete now.

Kelly C. Hanna
10-21-2008, 8:27 AM
For the 7th weekend in a row I went out to the ranch to build the Chicken enclosures as well as finish up the grand clean-up excercise. Two weeks ago, we filled up a 30 yard dumpster in 2 hours flat and moved 7 16' trailer loads of reclaimed fence and deck wood to another location on the property. I had 7 helpers and we got it all done in 7 hours.

This weekend was much easier...we got the chicken 'yards' wired and the door on the pens so Val can get in to collect her eggs.

Sorry no pics yet, we are waiting until the investors gathering at the end of this month.