PDA

View Full Version : DELTA 31-260X 18-inch by 36-inch Drum Sander

Dave Cohen
10-19-2008, 4:09 PM
Anyone have one of these?

Do they like it?

Cary Falk
10-19-2008, 10:46 PM
60 views and no responses. You probably have figured that not too many have them compared to the Jet/Promax. The Delta gets mixed reviews. I think the main complaint is difficulity in getting the table parallel to the drum. If you are buying new then you would probably be better off with the Jet since it is a proven machine. I have the Grizzly 18/36 which is a similar design to the Delta. I have not had any problems with it. If you found one on Craig's List for 1/2 new then I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. HTH

Dave Cohen
10-19-2008, 11:16 PM
I think its actually a Delta 31-255, and they want $550, they claim it was used once...maybe

From the amazon reviews sounds like it can be great or a nightmare

James Hart
10-19-2008, 11:21 PM
There are plenty of Delta's out there.

I have the 31-250 and I think you're right about the reviews. I think if you follow the directions very closely and get started down the right path, the Delta sanders are fine. It seems that a fair number of people have had problems getting the table level with them drum.

I bought mine used for $500, has been spot on since day one. Try it out before you buy it, don't be shy. If the owner hesitates at all, run.

Good luck.

Dave Cohen
10-20-2008, 8:49 AM
How do you like the Griz drum sander, one reviewer on Amazon said the Dust collection did not work, then again he was using a shop vac.

Realize that with Live.com could buy a new Griz close to the price of this used Delta.

Thanks - Dave