PDA

View Full Version : It all showed up. Now I need some time.

Alan Trout
10-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Well I went to my local Woodcraft today and picked up my new Nova DVR lathe . It was all there, lathe, Bed extension, Hinge, and outrigger. I also could not resist another chuck so I picked up a SN2 chuck while I was at it. By this time I was feeling pretty broke so I figured I better leave before it was to late.:D

However I leave tomorrow on business for the next five days so I will not get to unpack it till next weekend. It really sucks when work gets in the way of our hobbies.

Here is a pick of the loot so you can see it really did happen.

Thanks,

Alan

Ken Fitzgerald
10-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Congrats Alan! It's gonna be a LONG week!:rolleyes:

Steve Schlumpf
10-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Congrats Alan! Looking forward to seeing photos of everything once it is all set up and working! Have fun with it... once work is out of the way!

Bernie Weishapl
10-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Congrats Alan. Yep this is going to be a long week for sure. Can't wait to see pic's of it.

Nathan Hawkes
10-19-2008, 2:25 AM
How frustrating it must be to have that lathe giving you a mental lap dance just sitting there unused on the garage floor!!!!;):D
Wish I had the cash to get one myself. Nice score.

Jim Becker
10-19-2008, 9:47 AM
By this time I was feeling pretty broke so I figured I better leave before it was to late.

Um, Alan...this initial purchase is just a drop in the bucket, as it were...welcome to the VORTEX!!!! :D :D :D

Congrats on your new lathe, too.

Alan Trout
10-19-2008, 3:32 PM
Well I delayed my departure for a few hours and did pull it out of the box and put it on the workbench to clean up when I get back and start building the stand. I did get to plug it in and put the chuck on it and run it. I must say that it is the smoothest lathe I have ever seen. I am so stoked about getting going on this project.

Jim, I know what you mean. Fortunately I have been turning for about 3 months on my mini so I have acquired most of the necessities. I still am going to want to get additional tool rest, live centers, articulated hollowing rig etc. But I can at least get those as the funds come.

Thanks,

Alan

P.S. I will take pictures as I go along and post them as I get time.

Bill Bolen
10-19-2008, 5:47 PM
Way to go Alan,,that is the one I have found myself lusting for! Looks like our situations are reversed! Being retired I have the time but not the cash! After one long week you will be home and turning before you know it. Congrats....Bill...