PDA

View Full Version : My shop now

Bobby Perry
10-18-2008, 10:54 PM
I posted these pictures right after I got my new 1642 Jet.
What they look like now after Ike got done with them. They were both under 8 to 9 feet of saltwater for who knows how long.

Alan Trout
10-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Man, I am so sorry. I hope you had flood insurance. I have many friends in the Houston area that were hit pretty hard. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family wishing for a speedy recovery.

Good Luck

Alan

Steve Schlumpf
10-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Bobby - man...... that just brings tears to my eyes! Sorry to see all that damage! Hope you will be able to rebuild/replace what you have to and get back up and running again.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Bobby,

My sincere sympathies for you and your family and the losses you suffered.

lynn smith
10-19-2008, 12:01 AM
Man what a sinking feeling.
My heart goes out to you.
Will you have to replace everything in the shop?
Hanging in there.

Christopher Fletcher
10-19-2008, 12:19 AM
wow........that's all I got. Wow. I hope atleast the damage was just material goods and that your family remained safe.

Bernie Weishapl
10-19-2008, 12:41 AM
What a bummer. Hope the family was ok.

Jim Becker
10-19-2008, 9:49 AM
This too shall pass...being safe is most important. The tools can be restored.

On that note, you'll probably need to replace the electricals, but the cast iron should be able to be cleaned up. Of course, if you have replacement cost insurance, perhaps that will influence what you do, too. (Not sure how that applies to flood insurance)

Dick Strauss
10-19-2008, 2:49 PM
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for your family and neighbors...!!!!

Take care,
Dick

Bill Bolen
10-19-2008, 5:56 PM
Bobby, my heart breaks for you. As long as the family and friends are ok everything else can be repaired/replaced. Good luck with your recovery to pre-Ike conditions...Bill..

Rasmus Petersen
10-20-2008, 1:22 AM
oh man... i feel for you ! hope that the family is ok. but the damage is not nice.. í think i will have another look at my insurance. not that we have flods and hurricanes like that but theft!! i pay 2-3 times the money you guys do for your tools.. if someone stole mine i wouldent know where to start.. :eek: