PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting table guides on Epilog 24TT?

Pete Thomas(UK)
10-18-2008, 5:49 PM
I posted a problem I am having with my 24TT last week refering to the low power / weak engraving on the left side of the table. I would have thought that it would have been better there as the laserr beam will not have diverged so far. Checked mirror alignment and all was spot on. Tonight I noticed that when I moved the table it doesn't move the same when near to its highest level. Lowering it a bit and the right hand side would go down the left was binding. Moving the table to the mid position I could "lift"each side 1/32 or so taking up the backlash in the rack and pinion and it would then drop under its own weight to take up the backlash.

At the top the left side was tight and would only go down with a push. Right side OK.

I moved the table down to near the bottom grabbed the table on the left hand side and moved it front to back. It moved about 1/16 " in the track. The righthand side there was no perceptable movement.
Clearly the track for the table is not parallel and its binding at the top. Does any one know the easy way to adjust please?

It may solve the original lasering problem.

Thanks Pete T

Frank Corker
10-18-2008, 8:36 PM
Pete, not sure if this will help you, but I had a problem with the table top being out of line on my helix. I opened the front cover, there are two belts, one for either side of the table. I slid the toothed belt off one side and pulled gently on the other belt. This allowed one side of the table to lift up.

Pete Thomas(UK)
10-19-2008, 9:03 AM
Thanks for your reply Frank. The two pinions are "in time".Not a belt problem. Without taking the panels off it would appear that the table runs on 4 rollers each side running in tracks . The left side is all over the place. Perhaps It's best if I contact Epilog direct.

Just thought some one else must have had the same problem some time.

Any one else know the answer?

Thanks Pete T

Pete Thomas(UK)
10-19-2008, 9:18 AM
Thanks for your reply Frank. The two pinions are "in time".Not a belt problem. Without taking the panels off it would appear that the table runs on 4 rollers each side running in tracks . The left side is all over the place. Perhaps It's best if I contact Epilog direct.

Just thought some one else must have had the same problem some time.

Any one else know the answer?

Thanks Pete T

Peck Sidara
10-19-2008, 8:39 PM
Pete,

It's best to contact tech support directly or ID-UK for help on removing the binding. It's possible that one side (pinion) is off by one tooth causing it to bind in certain areas. I've worked on the TT's z-axis pinion drive system plenty of times but to explain it on the forum is a whole nother story.

Best leave it up to our pros that can explain it to you while you're at the machine with them on the phone. 303.215.9171. I think we're about 6-7 hours behind you. Give em a call tomorrow afternoon for some assistance.