PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Colt - Great little tool

Robert Chapman
10-18-2008, 5:42 PM
Just used my new Bosch Colt Palm Router. It's a really nice little tool. I just rounded the edges on a birdseye coffee table top. It's got a nice soft start, it's really easy to hold, you can see what you are doing and it's very easy to control. Bosch has another good one with this tool.

David Tiell
10-18-2008, 6:09 PM
Yep, love mine!

John Williamson
10-18-2008, 6:34 PM
Use it all the time for little jobs.:)

glenn bradley
10-18-2008, 6:40 PM
+1 from me. Love it.

Robert Parrish
10-18-2008, 7:31 PM
I like mine also. The only complaint I have is that the switch is too small.

Jerry Thompson
10-18-2008, 7:33 PM
Does anyone make a "Great Little Plunge Router" out there? I would like one for inlays and such.

Joe Vincent
10-18-2008, 7:36 PM
Just used my new Bosch Colt Palm Router. It's a really nice little tool. I just rounded the edges on a birdseye coffee table top. It's got a nice soft start, it's really easy to hold, you can see what you are doing and it's very easy to control. Bosch has another good one with this tool.

Does anyone make a "Great Little Plunge Router" out there? I would like one for inlays and such.

After I bought my Colt, I read a mention about a relatively cheap plunge trim router made by a company called Trend. I don't know anything about the quality, however.

Tom Esh
10-18-2008, 8:13 PM

Pricey, but AFAIK the only one for laminate trimmer size routers:
http://microfence.com/portable-threeaxis-mill-p-29.html

Christopher Fletcher
10-18-2008, 8:57 PM
+1 I love my little VS Colt.

Bruce Page
10-18-2008, 9:28 PM
Bosch Colt + Micro-Fence plunge base = a sweeet setup.

Here's my home made version.

Paul Williams
10-18-2008, 9:45 PM
Bosch makes a plunge router attachment for the RotoZip. It makes a real tool out of the thing. It is a cheap solution if you already own a RotoZip. I only used mine for drywall openings until I bought the attachment. Now I find all kinds of uses for it. I got mine at Menards about 3 years ago.

Peter Quinn
10-20-2008, 9:45 PM
Bosch Colt + Micro-Fence plunge base = a sweeet setup.

Here's my home made version.

That looks cool Bruce, but I have to ask, how do you plunge with that bearing guided round over bit installed?

Chris Gombola
10-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Same way with a non bearing bit. I often sneak up on edge routes with a plunger using the depth stop.

That looks cool Bruce, but I have to ask, how do you plunge with that bearing guided round over bit installed?