PDA

View Full Version : Possible Spray Booth

Don Bullock
10-18-2008, 2:30 PM
I just got a catalog in the mail from a company called Collectibles Etc. They have a garage polyethylene storage system http://www.collectionsetc.com/Garage_Storage_System/product.aspx?Ntt=garage&productname=Garage_Storage_System&No=0&N=0&productid=39561# that looks like it might work as a small spray booth. What do you think?

Scott Rollins
10-18-2008, 3:48 PM
Cheaper than my tarps! I think I'll buy one and try it out for $20!

David G Baker
10-18-2008, 4:02 PM
I haven't built my spray booth yet but I am planning on using 1 inch blue foam board when I do because the items I paint are generally bigger than the 4x6 storage system, but for small items the storage system looks like it would be great.

Nathan Conner
10-20-2008, 10:37 AM
If this does work alright, I'd like to hear about it. If it's functional enough, having a couple of these on the shelf may make for some decent little booths. My only fear is not being able to find enough room to walk around even a medium-sized project.

Paul Gatti
10-20-2008, 10:50 AM
The 6 x 4 size would be problem for me. I'm not sure what you'll be working on after you finish your shop, but 6 x 4 would be too small for me. Would you try to hook up some sort of fan to vent the fumes or is your intention just to have place to store your "just finished" pieces to keep the dust off them? Since they're only $20 maybe you could buy 2 and talk your wife into sewing them together into a single unit (assuming that you haven't used up all her goodwill on the permit costs for your new palace ;)).