PDA

View Full Version : Engraving Award Ideas...Got Any??

Wesley Perreira
10-18-2008, 3:09 AM
Know where I can find large Cherry wood or blonde cherry plaques, sized at least 12" x 15"? Maybe larger even. I got asked to do awards for a spearfishing contest and they want an image of a certain species to be engraved into the wood. I thought about using Hawaiian Koa, but that would put the prices through the roof. So I thought that maybe Cherry would be the next best bet, but perhaps I am once again showing my ignorance and would best be schooled by all of you here at the forum. Any ideas? I need to make 4 different types of awards and that means I need to have 4 different ideas on awards. The engraved fish image would be around 10-12 inches, per the request.:confused: Help, please!

Craig Hogarth
10-18-2008, 4:57 AM
www.bigskywoodcrafters.com makes custom plaques in all shapes and sizes. The 12x15 is a "stock" item and will cost you $16.40 in cherry.

Brian Robison
10-18-2008, 9:12 AM
Look at red alder too.

Martin Boekers
10-18-2008, 1:16 PM
JDS has Alder in 12x15

Marty

Mike Mackenzie
10-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Wesley,

I know a lot of my customers over there will use Mahogany as a koa substitute. I have family who run a woodworking shop on Oahu and they can make you just about anything you would want. If you are interested let me know and I will get you there contact.