PDA

View Full Version : Chipped a tooth :( on my Freud SD206

Rich Engelhardt
10-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Hello,
My Freud SD206 outside blade slipped as I was chaging it and hit the metal stand of the TS.
It busted.
Can I buy just the one blade anywhere or do I have to replace the whole set?

M Toupin
10-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Any competent sharpening service can replace the tooth for a few bucks. The bad news is the blade set will need to be sharpened to get all the blades the same dia which is going to cost about $50...

Mike

Craig D Peltier
10-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Any competent sharpening service can replace the tooth for a few bucks. The bad news is the blade set will need to be sharpened to get all the blades the same dia which is going to cost about $50...

Mike

You could also get tooth put on, forgo sharpening, try it, if it doesnt work well for you then pay to have it sharpened.

Yuchol Kim
10-18-2008, 1:06 AM
I doubt you'll even notice it. Just use it as is.

Mike Heidrick
10-18-2008, 5:22 AM
Send a note to Charles M from Freud. That or call Freud. Or just buy a new set and have lots of backups - on sale it maybe faster and not worth the wait to send it in. IMO you are not out much $$ as far as stacked dado sets go. Could be a an upgrade tool opportunity if you are looking for that as well!

cmccracken@_removemefirst_freudtools.com (cmccracken@_removemefirst_freudtools.com) http://s91443592.onlinehome.us/Fru2c.gif Homepage http://www.freudtools.com (http://www.freudtools.com/) Occupation Technician - Freud

scott spencer
10-18-2008, 10:41 AM
I doubt you'll even notice it. Just use it as is.

Ditto....give it a good inspection and make sure no carbide is loose. If it's just one tooth missing, you're not likely to notice. Otherwise you could have it repaired and the whole set sharpened.

glenn bradley
10-18-2008, 10:42 AM
I agree on checking with Freud. They just may warranty it. Or as mentioned, it may be an excuse to get the SD508 or 608 if your saw will take it.

Bob Wingard
10-18-2008, 11:03 AM
If the sharpening shop replaces one tooth, they can grind it to match the rest of the blade .. ..no need to touch the rest of the set.

Charles McCracken
10-20-2008, 8:58 AM
Hello,
My Freud SD206 outside blade slipped as I was chaging it and hit the metal stand of the TS.
It busted.
Can I buy just the one blade anywhere or do I have to replace the whole set?

Rich,

The item numbers for the outside blades are SD206OLH (left hand) and SD206ORH (right hand). These can be ordered through any Freud dealer.

Rich Engelhardt
10-21-2008, 6:43 AM
Hello Charles,
I was hoping you would find this and chime in.
Thanks for the info.
I do have a question though.
Every reference to the above parts - the inside and outside blades - say they only have two teeth.
Is that a misprint?

Charles McCracken
10-21-2008, 8:06 AM
Hello Charles,
I was hoping you would find this and chime in.
Thanks for the info.
I do have a question though.
Every reference to the above parts - the inside and outside blades - say they only have two teeth.
Is that a misprint?

Hmmm, good catch. That is definitely a misprint and I will have it corrected right away. They actually are the same as the original with 10 teeth.