PDA

View Full Version : I Phone question

Craig D Peltier
10-17-2008, 11:23 AM
On my i phone I cant seem to figure out how to send a picture (I take on it ) to another cell phone? I can email it to an email address but not everyone has email or has a phone to download there email.

Also when I get pics to my i phone from another cell I cant view them. Unless I got to a webpage.
I had the motorola razor before the i phone, both from at&t an I could view the pic without going to view my message.com which is a total drag. Can this be changed? or does someone know why this is?

Thanks
Dazed an Confused

Edward Novaluski
10-17-2008, 1:45 PM
The iPhone doesn't have any Multimedia Messaging Service(MMS) so you can't view a picture unless you go to the view my message website and you can only send a picture through e-mail. There is a third party application like SwirlyMMS which allows you to send pictures like your RAZR did but it is only available to Jailbroken iPhones.

Ben Rafael
10-17-2008, 2:28 PM
try the iphone support forum at apple.com.
If it's possible, someone there will know.

Tim Morton
10-17-2008, 6:22 PM
Thee are a million workarounds for this, just do a google search. The problem is that apple as usual is ahead of the curve , and you have to wait 6months to a year for everyone else to catch up.

BTW, its iPhone....not iphone or i phone:)

Travis Porter
10-17-2008, 6:30 PM
Thee are a million workarounds for this, just do a google search. The problem is that apple as usual is ahead of the curve , and you have to wait 6months to a year for everyone else to catch up.

BTW, its iPhone....not iphone or i phone:)

I don't see how that makes Apple ahead of the curve considering all other phones I know of allow you to do it without anything special.

Craig D Peltier
10-17-2008, 7:50 PM
I guess alot of folks arent happy about it after googling it. I found a form to send iPhone feedback to an I mentioned this an no zoom on phone and bad lighting pick up on lense.

Plus that viewmymessage website is so slow an when it doesn finally find the pic its like 2 inches square.

I read you can have a friend send you a pic from there phone to your email that you check on phone. Then you will have there MMS address and you can send pics to that email address and thye will view it like a pic on there phones.

Ben Rafael
10-17-2008, 8:16 PM
Apple is ahead on many things, BUT manuals is not one of them. It would be nice to have a manual that actually tells you how to use all the "hidden" features of the phone.
Every cell phone I've had has had detailed manuals that have explained everything the phone could do, and also explained how to do it.
I have a mac, an ipod and an iphone and all the manuals are equally useless.

Jim Becker
10-17-2008, 8:53 PM
Ben, I just went through all the online tips and stuff for the iPhone and found it to be great information. But I agree that having something you can easily take to the "library" is nice. Of course, if you have WiFi in the "library", your iPhone can be your manual. LOL

Ben Rafael
10-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Jim,
There are a lot of tips and such out there, it's just the lack of organization of them into a nice book makes it a bit frustrating.
Apple could publish such a book and sell it, it would sell well.

Tim Morton
10-18-2008, 5:54 AM
Jim,
There are a lot of tips and such out there, it's just the lack of organization of them into a nice book makes it a bit frustrating.
Apple could publish such a book and sell it, it would sell well.

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Missing-Manual-David-Pogue/dp/0596513747

he writes the best apple "missing" manuals....

Ben Rafael
10-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks for that link Tim.

Eric Franklin
10-18-2008, 8:34 PM
Access this website on an iPhone for help.

http://help.apple.com/iphone/guide/desktop.html