PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Lee Valley and Veritas

Keith Outten
10-17-2008, 7:22 AM
I hope that you guys and gals have noticed that Lee Vally and Veritas have joined our group of advertisers here at The Creek by sponsoring the banner at the top of this forum.

This is a company that you all know and will certainly approve of to be part of our Community, please make them feel at home here. We appreciate their support of The Creek.

Doug Shepard
10-17-2008, 7:29 AM
Shoot. I've been operating without the ads turned on. May have to rethink that now.

Glenn Clabo
10-17-2008, 7:30 AM
A big WELCOME to Rob and company.

It's so nice to see such a great company join SMC.

Jim Becker
10-17-2008, 8:10 AM
Thanks for your continued support, Rob and Lee Valley/Veritas!

Dave Anderson NH
10-17-2008, 9:08 AM
I'll take off my moderator hat now and put on my customer hat.

Lee Valley is a company I trust absolutely and without reservation or caveat. Their business practices, customer service, and ethics are a model which most other businesses would do well to emulate. In the rare instances where they make an error, there is no quibbling, waffling, or any backpeddling. They solve the problem immediately and to your satisfaction.

Welcome Lee Valley/ Veritas.

Bob Noles
10-17-2008, 10:22 AM
No better company no where, no how, no way..... PERIOD!

John Dykes
10-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Who?

Every other post is an ad for Lee Valley!

Mike Henderson
10-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Welcome, Lee Valley. Great company - great products - great service. What more can you say?

Dave Anderson's post really says it all.

Mike

Will Blick
10-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Dave Andersons Post, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO

I am so impressed with LV, often I will go out of my way, to buy things from LV....

I often think LV buyers don't get enough credit.... I am always impressed with the Non Veritas products they come up with...always well explained, well priced, well photographed an well suited for our craft.... Kudos again...

Ted Calver
10-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Creek advertisers get first crack at my tool dollars!! Welcome Rob and Lee Valley

Danny Thompson
10-17-2008, 1:36 PM
Thumbs up, Rob.

Curt Harms
10-17-2008, 2:55 PM
Another cash drain:o. But to paraphrase Jack Nicholson's Joker character "Where DO they find those toys?":D. Welcome aboard.

Chris Padilla
10-17-2008, 3:08 PM
Awesome!! I love Lee Valley/Veritas. It is so nice to find a company one has zero qualms about ordering from. There have only been 1 or 2 instances where the product may not have lived up to the billing and that is probably out of 100s of instances I've ordered. And they easily took back those items easy as pie!

Welcome aboard the Creek!!

Zahid Naqvi
10-17-2008, 3:49 PM
What Dave Anderson said.
Welcome aboard guys, so when do we start seeing the 10% discount for SMC members.:D

John Shuk
10-17-2008, 4:55 PM
Welcome and thank you. Not just for the support but for interacting with us here so openly.

Tyler Howell
10-17-2008, 6:03 PM
Big pile of great stuff in my shop from LV and team.
Also on very satisfied customer in my house.

Welcome

Mike Cutler
10-17-2008, 8:20 PM
Thank you for the support Rob. You're a class act in my book.

Frank Martin
10-17-2008, 8:32 PM
Lee Valley to me represents the gold standard in any company I have ever dealt with in terms of customer service. Very few times (out of very many orders) I needed to contact the customer service, and each time it has been more than a pleasurable experience.

Veritas is one of my favorite brands, I pretty much have all the hand planes, and many other tools. I have been very happy with each and every one of them.

One thing I really like about odering from Lee Valley is that I know there is absolutely nothing to worry about plus I am contributing to the success of such a great company run by people with utmost integrity.

Chris Kennedy
10-17-2008, 8:41 PM
Sweet! I was running out of justifications to the LOML why I should send money up north. Now, it is in support of one of the other things that keeps me sane.

I'll echo the posts so far -- they are a great company, great customer service, and it is really wonderful that Rob Lee keeps an eye on this forum and weighs in from time to time.

Cheers,

Chris

John Schreiber
10-17-2008, 10:37 PM
I'll join the band wagon in praise of Lee Valley & Veritas. In fact, I just got an unexpected bit of cash and my mind went immediately to my wish list. I have already blown my tool budget this year, so I will try to hold myself back. But. . . :( . . .:o we will see.

Steve Clardy
10-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Kudos to Lee Valley :D

Rob Lee
10-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi -

Thanks for all of the kind comments, and sorry I couldn't post a reply sooner - I'm stuck in an area with intermittent internet access...

It's pleasure to support a community that does so much for its members. I 've learned a awful lot here - quality websites are something we just can't take for granted!

Cheers -

Rob Lee
(at a campground in DC)

Brent Smith
10-20-2008, 1:23 PM
(at a campground in DC)

And shouldn't you be in the office getting those new premium planes ready for us to buy :confused::). Glad to see LV and Veritas with feet on the ground here!!!

Doug Shepard
10-20-2008, 2:03 PM
- I'm stuck in an area with intermittent internet access...
Rob Lee
(at a campground in DC)

That would be Darkest Canada? :confused::D

John Schreiber
10-20-2008, 2:57 PM
Hi -

Thanks for all of the kind comments, and sorry I couldn't post a reply sooner - I'm stuck in an area with intermittent internet access...

It's pleasure to support a community that does so much for its members. I 've learned a awful lot here - quality websites are something we just can't take for granted!

Cheers -

Rob Lee
(at a campground in DC)
When I first read it I was afraid he was in China. I love Made in Canada, Made in the USA.

Rod Sheridan
10-20-2008, 3:26 PM
I hate Lee Valley with a passion!

They've been separating me from my money since 1985.

First they came out with catalogues that you could buy at book stores, you'd be looking through the woodworking books and there was a catalogue for sale. They had all kinds of tools you couldn't get anywhere else, very sneaky!

Then they opened a store in the west end of Toronto, FORCING me to drive from the east end of the city. If that wasn't enough, they then opened a store in the east end, a few blocks from my house!

Diabolical to say the least, and they continued to suck money from my bank account!

Finally the last straw, they opened a third store downtown, not far from where I work.

I'm trapped, their fiendish marketing wizards have me in their triangular grasp. I can't go to work, and I can't go home without passing their stores, pure wizardry if you ask me.

Of course the last straw is that they provide the best tools, service and customer support on earth. I'm doomed to a life of servitude to support my LV addiction.

Hi, my name is Rod, and I'm a Lee Valley addict.......

P.S Did I mention that head office for LV is in Ottawa, and that head office for the company I work for is in Ottawa? As I drive down the 417 in Ottawa on my way to a meeting at HQD what do I pass? Of course the head office of the evil empire itself! Leonard started something to rival the BORG........Resistance is futile, your bank balance will be assimilated!

P.P.S. As if LV isn't enough, Felder open a showroom in the west end of Toronto in 2007. They've already FORCED me to purchase a Hammer A3-31 jointer/planer! What's next, a location in the east end of Toronto?

Mark Roderick
10-21-2008, 12:56 PM
My only question about Lee Valley is how they do it. They offer unmatched customer service, a fabulous website, a glossy catalog, and innovate products, and they do all this in what is really a small, niche market. I don't understand how they make the business model work, but I hope they keep doing it for a long, long time.

Bill White
10-21-2008, 3:49 PM
on what everyone said.
Bill

James Mittlefehldt
10-22-2008, 4:10 PM
Went to my local Lee Valley today and there was this dapper looking fella behind the counter chatting with the customers and staff, Leonard Lee himself.

I introduced myself and talked for a few minutes, and then went about my business. When I came back to the counter a few minutes later with my order he was serving the customers. The guy in front of me had something I don't know what, and said apologetically, that it was not damaged or faulty but not what he thought it would be and could he get an exchange on it for other goods.

Mr. Lee said without a seconds hesitation you don't have to exchange it I'll give you your money back no problem, the guy was to say the least delighted and will doubtless be back.

When I got to the counter I asked what he wass doing now that Robin was running the company, and he said he was running another company that made medical instruments and doing some design work for Veritas.

Getting hopeful here I asked what he was designing, and suggested maybe it might be hand planes, but alas he said no that was all Robin's stuff. He was most proud of a new design for a seam ripper he had nome up with. He then proceeded to explain how he developed it and what he ended up with, and had one of the staff get one to show me, and the couple standing beside me.

When he was done she asked her sales person if she could add one to her order, which prompted Leonard to say "See I am the top seam ripper salesman." Then he went and got my order.

It was truly amazing meeting him like that, a real class act and apparently he does not know which planes are coming up either.