PDA

View Full Version : Latest Project

Thomas Prondzinski
05-19-2004, 9:22 PM
Here is a table I built for a Guild sponsored woodworking furniture show.It is made of Paduk and Quilted Makore veneer.

Thanks for looking Tom

Todd Burch
05-19-2004, 9:50 PM
Thomas - very, very nice! It doesn't rock on three legs does it?--- HAR HAR!! just kidding! Of course it doesn't!

That is some good looking wood. I like the shape of the piece - the legs fit well with it.

What's the black inlay on the top?

Thanks for posting. Let us know how the show goes!

Thomas Prondzinski
05-20-2004, 6:59 AM
Todd
The black inlay on top is black dyed veneer. Show is over ,piece was judged and no awards,but alot of good input from judges on points of interest,things I need to do better. All in all a very good learing experience. This was my first judged show. Now just trying to decide if I should design a new piece for next year or make a reproduction.

Tom

Earl Kelly
05-20-2004, 8:13 AM
Thomas, nice piece. What kind of finish did you use? Was this a local show? I really like the design.

Gary Whitt
05-20-2004, 8:46 AM
Geez, Thomas.....
What kind of things did they not like and said you should do better? :mad:
That table is awesome!

Jason Tuinstra
05-20-2004, 9:14 AM
Tom, very beautiful piece. The figure and contrasting woods are fantastic. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Mark Singer
05-20-2004, 9:54 AM
I agree with Todd "IT Rocks" :cool: Excellent work and nice design!

Scott Coffelt
05-20-2004, 10:39 AM
If that didn't get prizes, I would love to see what did. That is just awesome work.

Steven Wilson
05-20-2004, 11:16 AM
If that didn't get prizes, I would love to see what did. That is just awesome work.

IIRC that piece was displayed at the recent "Northern Woods" show put on by the Minnesota Woodworker's Guild. If you would like to see some past winners click here http://www.minnesotawoodworkersguild.com/nwoods/nwoods.htm

The quality of work at the show is exceptional

Lars Thomas
05-20-2004, 12:45 PM
That is an awesome table. I love it. Looks great.

Tyler Howell
05-20-2004, 1:54 PM
Too Nice, The judges need there eyes fixed:mad:

Larry Browning
05-20-2004, 2:13 PM
After looking at some of the past winners, my thought is that your piece was too functional. I'm not sure what some of that other stuff would be used for. Is this just for artsy fartsy stuff or real usable furniture?

Gary Whitt
05-20-2004, 2:18 PM
After looking at some of the past winners, my thought is that your piece was too functional. I'm not sure what some of that other stuff would be used for. Is this just for artsy fartsy stuff or real usable furniture?
I know, right? :rolleyes:
What's up with the turtle? :confused:

Byron Trantham
05-20-2004, 2:36 PM
Tom I would have given you the prize. The table is just too cool. :D Thanks for the pics.

Chris Padilla
05-20-2004, 9:14 PM
Sweet! The LOML likes it a lot, too. :)

Travis Lanman
05-20-2004, 10:31 PM
Magnificent looking table and design. It definately should have won some awards. It takes an extreme amount of skill to build something of that quality. I hope you enjoy it for years to come. Great job.
Travis

Thomas Prondzinski
05-21-2004, 7:15 AM
Thanks guys for the compliments,no better feeling than great comments from a bunch of great woodworkers,THANKS. As for finish it has a tung oil,with lacquer on top. Things I need to work on are as follows,hand cut dovetails had some small gaps(need more practice),had a small amount of glue squeeze out under table between legs and aprons,drawer slide issues.I got comments from judges on cd so I can listen anytime I want to.Basically have to work on the finer details.

Thanks again for looking Tom

Kelly C. Hanna
05-21-2004, 8:55 AM
Tyler has it right for sure. Much like car show people [who we do our best to stay away from :D], the judges are jaded and extremely picky. I guess it comes from seeing too many projects over time. That is a stunning piece in my book.

Bob Hovde
05-21-2004, 11:30 AM
That was a woodworking DESIGN show. You obviously didn't understand that making something that everyone would want in their living room is just a craftsmanship thing!

Bob