PDA

View Full Version : Segmented Vase

Mark Hix
10-15-2008, 1:11 PM
I posted bowl about a month ago and received some excellent tips on how to improve. This is an improvement. I really appreciate the help. Without it, I would not have made the progress that I did. This is Maple and Mahogony with a friction polish. I need to refinish the bottom layer. As always, I look forward to hearing your suggestions to help me improve.

Dennis Ford
10-15-2008, 1:30 PM
Good Job!
My only suggestion is; consider leaving off the base/foot. Its may be just me but I think it would look even better without the bulge at the bottom.

Clara Koss
10-15-2008, 1:37 PM
it is sooooo pretty!!!!! no suggestions needed dude!!!!:)

Paul Engle
10-15-2008, 2:43 PM
Nice work Mark, I agree with Dennis tho , leaving off the foot thingy may help keep the intrest on the upper part of the piece and would give it a more flowing line/s to the bottom. Ya done good in any case!!!:D

Bernie Weishapl
10-15-2008, 9:44 PM
Great looking vase. Nice form but I would have left the foot off.

Steve Schlumpf
10-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Nice work Mark! I like your design! Nice joints and finish! Add one more to the no foot count. Just think the foot subtracts from the flow of the form.

Clara Koss
10-16-2008, 1:18 AM
if you all don't mind i do not agree about leaving off the "foot thingy"... It needs it to make it look stable as the top is large...:rolleyes:

Mark Hix
10-16-2008, 11:14 AM
LOL. Controversy on the Creek!. The foot was an after thought. I guess I will have to make another and see. (Like I needed an excuse!) I appreciate the comments. I know that there are several things that I can do to improve it. It is my best segmented work so far and I owe thanks to the comments/tips I received on my last few posts.