PDA

View Full Version : Bosch PS-50 Review

John Henry Newman
10-15-2008, 9:48 AM
Is anyone else as excited as I am about the new Fein Multimaster knockoffs from Bosch and Dremel? I've been holding off on pulling the trigger until someone gives a comprehensive review. Just this week, the guys at Tool Snob http://www.toolsnob.com/ posted a review that pushed me over the edge...I just placed an order at Amazon for the Bosch PS-50 (3-6 weeks for delivery!). Has anyone here tested the Bosch or Dremel yet?

Peter Quadarella
10-15-2008, 2:41 PM
The best part is that this tool uses the same batteries as the little Bosch drill and impact driver. This is helping me make the decision on the drills as well!

Harley Reasons
10-15-2008, 3:25 PM
I purchased one of the PS-20's when the HD BORG was closing them out. Actually, I purchased the display model because it had been green tagged down to $49.00. I searched the overhead bins and found the case plus two more batteries and the charger for it. I love this tool, it is my goto driver for all smaller items now. The batteries seem to hold a charge forever. I've had it for 4 months now and only have recharged the battery one time.

Mike Goetzke
10-15-2008, 3:45 PM
From the review looks like the battery life is weak on the Bosch. If this is a concern maybe go to eBay and use the 30% MS live . com discount on a Fein Multimaster. I bought the "top" kit for $273 shipped a couple of weeks ago.

Mike

Peter Quadarella
10-15-2008, 4:14 PM
If I get the PS-50 and the PS-20, I'll have 4 batteries and 2 chargers. In the unlikely scenario that I am running the PS-50 continuously for 32 minutes without stopping, it's likely the first spent battery will be almost fully charged again!

I have seen the PS-50 for as low as $180 for the cheaper kit, with 30% cashback that's really only $126, wow.

Mike Goetzke
10-15-2008, 4:39 PM
I have seen the PS-50 for as low as $180 for the cheaper kit, with 30% cashback that's really only $126, wow.

Peter - have a linky to the Bosch PS-50 at eBay for 30% discount?

Thanks

Joe Vincent
10-15-2008, 5:19 PM
Peter - have a linky to the Bosch PS-50 at eBay for 30% discount?

Thanks

Mike: For an explanation of the eBay / MS Live 30% cashback, check upstairs in the Deals forum.

Mike Goetzke
10-15-2008, 5:33 PM
Mike: For an explanation of the eBay / MS Live 30% cashback, check upstairs in the Deals forum.

I'm familiar with the program - just can't find this Bosch tool as available for the live discount (I bought the Fein but might return it if the Bosch were available w/discount).

Mike