PDA

View Full Version : Airless Sprayer Question

peter gerace
10-13-2008, 1:53 PM
To All;

I am new to this forum & don't know if this is the right place to ask;

I recently purchased a SprayTech Airless Sprayer Model number 1420.

Used it to stain stockade fence around my yard.

My first use impression is that it worked great. Anyone have any experience with this sprayer?

My main question though is; During cleanup I am instructed to place a container of separating oil under the intake for the machine to draw in to keep the parts lubricated. Doesn't this oil mess up your paint job when you use the machine the next time? Especially if I'm going to paint water based latex paint? I don't get it. How do these things work?

Any commentary would be much appreciated since I'm very curious about this.

Thank you.

Duane Pulliam
10-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Peter:
I bought the 1620 a few months ago to spray latex and stain my fence also. I used latex first to spray my garage, then my neighbor used it to spray oil based stain on his fence. Worked like magic both times. I am getting ready to spray more latex. As you know, the oil is to keep the pump mechanism lubed and rust proofed between uses. When you purge your pump and hose the next time you use it, it will clean out the oil, no problems. Just make sure you use the oil after each use or you could/will get rust in the pump - not good. Enjoy your new "tool". I think they are the cat's meow.

peter gerace
10-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Duane,

Thank you.

Yes, I agree, the sprayer worked better than I could have wished. Now I'm looking for other stuff to paint. (Almost makes me wish my house had wood siding instead of vinyl. Almost).