PDA

View Full Version : Just want to introduce myself.

Charles Gantt
10-14-2008, 5:26 PM
I am a 25 year old photographer from Aiken SC. My grandfather was a avid woodworker and I inherited some of his tools. I am working on building my collection of large equipment and am already planning my first project. While I have built some things in the past I haven't even glued 2 pieces of wood together since I was 17. College came and then starting my business while at the same time managing my grandfathers construction company after his death did not leave me much time to do anything hobby wise.

Well now my uncle has the construction business and my photography business is doing well. So I have more free time to get into the things I used to love to do. One of those things is astronomy. So I am going to work that hobby into my love for wood working. My firs project will be an eyepiece case. I may post a project log in the next few weeks. (I still have to purchase a TS and a router and a dovetail jig.) I have been working on the design using Alibre design and google sketchup. So maybe I will post those designs too. I look forward to the suggestions and ideas everyone has to share.

Anyway I just wanted to say that out of the 15 or so wood working forums I visited in the last few days that this place seems the friendliest and most knowledgeable. I look forward in my journey in becoming part of the community and seeking all the advise and learning all the things that can be taught.

Von Bickley
10-14-2008, 5:36 PM
Charles,
Welcome to the Creek..... Glad to have you with us.

Check your PM

Charles Gantt
10-14-2008, 5:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the PM. Its a small world huh?

mark page
10-14-2008, 9:46 PM
Welcome aboard Charles,

We're all neighbors here even though we're scattered all over the place.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Welcome to the Creek Charles! Wade right in the water's fine. BTW.....we like photos!

gary Zimmel
10-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Welcome to the Creek Charles.

Good to have you aboard.

Jim Becker
10-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the 'Creek, Charles!

Charles Gantt
10-15-2008, 2:23 AM
thanks guys.