PDA

View Full Version : 37" Performax... Worth???

Jamie Baalmann
10-14-2008, 3:36 PM
I've got a chance to buy a 37" dual drum Performax... how much do these cost new? My google search didn't give me too much.

It's practically new less than 50 hours claimed.

Chris Padilla
10-14-2008, 4:04 PM
http://www.machineking.com/2002_performax__super-max_37_x_2__double_drum_sander.html

I dunno...googling "performax 37" yielded a few hits for me.

Jamie Baalmann
10-14-2008, 4:25 PM
Yeh thx Chris I found the model number and that helped. I see they are about 5500 new and I can pick this one up for 1500. I'm pretty sure if I don't like it I can get that back out of it.

Chris Padilla
10-14-2008, 4:33 PM
I think that is nearly a steal, Jamie...assuming it is working fine. I saw in some other links in my search one guy complaining that Performax no longer makes some key replacement parts (the wood smart sensor or something???). Check the links carefully when you google "performax 37" and you should find it.

David Eisan
10-14-2008, 6:27 PM
I think that is nearly a steal, Jamie...assuming it is working fine. I saw in some other links in my search one guy complaining that Performax no longer makes some key replacement parts (the wood smart sensor or something???). Check the links carefully when you google "performax 37" and you should find it.

I know several key people at Supermax, the people who make the sander you are referring to. They would be quite surprised to know they don't make that part anymore. Supermax is a good company who makes a good product. I am the second owner of a 25" unit and I am very fond of it.

David.

Kevin Groenke
10-14-2008, 9:57 PM
$1500 is gloat-worthy. But... I just paid $600 for a replacement conveyor motor and speed control for our 37X2, so confirm that it's operational before handing over the check. SuperMax had the parts, answered the questions and shipped promptly.

g-luck

-kg