PDA

View Full Version : What I did this weekend - Gloat

John Hixon
10-14-2008, 12:55 PM
I finally bit the bullet and got one of the SC saws that have been around here lately. No warranty, but saved some money. (paid for it with the proceeds from a SS MKV I sold recently, I bought that for $400)

Got the saw put together and everything lines up nicely. Blade is within a couple thousandths of parallel to the table and the fence lines up nicely as well.

Wired the post for 220 20A and 110 20A, new circuits for each, and a 110 outlet above the saw for other stuff.

Put the whole contraption on a rolling base that was left over from the Delta contractor that fell off a trailer last year, luckily not on me.

I cut a hole in the table so I could mount the router's new Roussau lift. Installed hoses (RV Drain stuff) for DC and an outlet and switch on the front of the box underneath the table. I left a gap at the bottom of the DC box I built for air flow on the router motor.

Incra fence mounted at the far right end of the table extension.

I guess I am running out of excuses for not making something out of wood.

Maurice Ungaro
10-14-2008, 1:00 PM
Nice set up John!
Let me know how you like that Incra Fence. I've been lusting after one of those lately.

Chris Padilla
10-14-2008, 2:36 PM
Incra's rule. I'm not sure there is a better repeatability fence system out there...or at least they are the originator of such a thing.

Greg Cole
10-14-2008, 2:56 PM
Hi John,
I've seen a few SC TS's 'round here lately too, CL has had a few of them... not sure what the deal is. But I got a great deal on a 3HP cabinet saw w/out a fence. Brand new saw, last year's titanium coated top model 35631 for $600.:D:D:D
Is yours the hybrid or full on cabinet saw?
I have an incra fence & router table on on the left of the saw. The same positioner is shared for both TS & routing. I love the hell out of the Incra stuff and can echo Chris' comments about repeatability.

Cheers.
Greg

John Hixon
10-14-2008, 6:42 PM
Saw is the 3 hp, 220 single phase cabinet, right tilt, titanium top and deluxe fence with really long rails. (These saws are scratch/dent from SC, no warranty.) I paid $750, but that was what I sold the SS MKV for, so I really paid $400 and then traded up. At least that's my story and I'm stickin to it. (for the LOML)