PDA

View Full Version : UtterGuys Experiences

Anthony Whitesell
10-14-2008, 11:19 AM
With the Live Search Cash Back at 30% I am pondering picking up another tool. It is listed Buy It Now from The Utterguys. Based on you experience with them, would recommendation against or for purchasing with them?

Russell Tribby
10-14-2008, 11:34 AM
I've bought a couple of things from Andrew at the Utterguys. His service was great and I would buy from him again.

Burt Waddell
10-14-2008, 11:36 AM
I've bought from them a couple of times - good service - no problems.

David Tiell
10-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Got my jointer from them, no problems at all. Order with confidence!

scott spencer
10-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Thumbs up! Got a great price, free shipping, and they called within an hour to arrange delivery.

Bill White
10-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Who/what are the Utterguys?
Bill

Anthony Whitesell
10-14-2008, 2:25 PM
The UtterGuys are a seller on eBay. I saw several posts here that referenced them and then stumbled across them on eBay with some tools at a good price, made better by free shipping and even better with the Microsoft Cashback.

From what I could infer by the nonchalant mentions in other posts, I kind of expected good reviews from those that have made purchases from them. But I wanted to double check.

Jay Brewer
10-14-2008, 3:25 PM
I've bought a couple of things from Andrew at the Utterguys. His service was great and I would buy from him again.

Same here, great service.

Joe Von Kaenel
10-14-2008, 4:23 PM
Anthony,

I've also purchased several things from Utterguys on e-bay. Good products, fast shipping Great e-bayer.

Joe

William Addison
10-14-2008, 4:58 PM
I've ordered a lot of tools from them including some large ones and never had any problem. Just don't expect an invoice, not ever, not even if you call and ask for one.

Max Acbuilder
10-14-2008, 5:06 PM
What is the Microsoft cash back? how does it work?

Tom Veatch
10-14-2008, 6:04 PM
What is the Microsoft cash back? how does it work?

http://search.live.com/cashback

Roger Barlow
10-14-2008, 8:18 PM
I have bought from them as well, transaction went smooth and quick. Good merchant.

Mike Heidrick
10-14-2008, 8:48 PM
I bought a Kreg foreman from them with the 10% ebay coupon from July and the 25% max $250 deal from Live back on the first round of good deals. Utterguys had free shipping and two extra of the Kreg machine bits (3 total) included in the deal. It was a perfect transaction.

Brad Ridgway
10-14-2008, 9:44 PM
Never done an ebay/shipping transaction with them, but I've purchased plenty from them direct as they're ~30 min from me. Awesome to deal with and pretty knowledgable...

(fyi i bought steel city DP / BS, shopfox jointer and the general contractor saw from them + a bunch of accessories and picked up with my trailer)

-brad

Phil Thien
10-14-2008, 9:53 PM
I purchased a small air cleaner that was damaged in shipping (filter was pierced). A small detail that lots of other places would have been too much of a hassle to deal with.

Utter Guys didn't have any filters in stock.

So they ordered one, and sent it to me.

I know it doesn't seem remarkable, but I assure you that in this day and age, companies that do what they say they will are rare. I was impressed.

Leigh Betsch
10-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Same as everyone else, transaction was just fine.

Ed Powers
10-14-2008, 11:21 PM
With the Live Search Cash Back at 30% I am pondering picking up another tool. It is listed Buy It Now from The Utterguys. Based on you experience with them, would recommendation against or for purchasing with them?
I did the same thing -- 25% cashback two months ago for a bandsaw and tablesaw. I'd buy from them again.

Mac Cambra
10-15-2008, 12:58 AM
I live by their storefront and have been there several times. They have a nice store and their service is responsive and prices competitive. The unfortunate thing is I have to pay sales tax when dealing with them.

They also have a website independent of ebay and I have found them negotiable on prices as well.

Gary Venable
10-15-2008, 9:37 AM
I bought a Rikon Bandsaw from them with the cash back deal and had a good experience. The were also very fast in shipping it.

Jack Briggs
10-16-2008, 8:12 AM
I bought my Fein RT1800 router from Utterguys. No problems here.

Ed Blough
10-16-2008, 3:46 PM
I live by their storefront and have been there several times. They have a nice store and their service is responsive and prices competitive. The unfortunate thing is I have to pay sales tax when dealing with them.

They also have a website independent of ebay and I have found them negotiable on prices as well.

FYI
You have to pay sales tax when dealing with everyone. Check out http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/consumer/
It clearly states if you buy something from out of state you are required by law to report it and pay the appropiate sales tax. From there it is a matter of your integrity whether you do or not. Incidently most other states have the same requirement.
Ed