PDA

View Full Version : Gold Method Error after re-install of CS2

matt heinzel
10-14-2008, 11:07 AM
I had the golden method script working great on my machine. Then I got a fun little BSOD that would not go away so I had to reformat. Anyway I re-downloaded the script into Photoshop and I keep getting an error. I have attached the screen shot of the error. Any ideas?

Doug Griffith
10-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I have never seen that error. The BSOD should have nothing to do with a Photoshop script as it makes no system calls.

Try going to the Photoshop scripts folder and deleting a file called "GoldMethod.txt". Then run the script from the scripts menu. The "GoldMethod.txt" file will be regenerated.

Cheers,
Doug

matt heinzel
10-14-2008, 12:21 PM
BSOD was nothing to do with photoshop. I was just saying I had re-install everything. I will look around for that file, thanks!

matt heinzel
10-14-2008, 12:25 PM
The only thing that is in that folder is scripts. Maybe I'm looking the wrong place? I just deleted the script downloaded it again and still have the same problem.

Doug Griffith
10-14-2008, 1:13 PM
Hi Matt,
Try downloading again. I made a change that should solve the problem. I run CS3 and it works fine. CS2 must be more finicky to variable declarations.

version is now 1.03

Cheers,
Doug

matt heinzel
10-14-2008, 1:17 PM
Very strange. It still doesn't like line 14. I ran CS2 before this reformat and the script always worked for me. So I would guess it is something on my end not yours. Thanks for your help. I wonder if I uninstall and reinstall photoshop.